Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started giving this supplement to my 7 month old Maltipoo and she's had diarrhea all day long. I haven't changed her food, only this. Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Oh my.....I certainly hope you have stopped the supplement.

I don't believe in supplements. I do believe in a proper diet for the animal. In my eyes, raw is best, cooked is second, then far behind is kibble based foods. Do your research on anything you feed your dog. Even supplements and treats.

Definitely spend the time to read the ingredients, then research the ingredients to answer the following question, "What does this do for my pet?"

If you are still battling the diarrhea, then a visit to the vet should be in order.

The dog should go onto a simple bland diet with cooked white rice and cooked chicken. Try several small meals for the dog instead of one big meal. This will help firm up the problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I stopped the Missing Link right away.....it took 2 days for the diarrhea to stop after a diet of just boiled chicken and rice 3x a day...........it's finally back to normal. No more supplements here! It had been recommended by the trainer at Petsmart.

Thank you for your response.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hmmmmm........good the Maltipoo is back to normal.

Could be a lesson here. Avoid canine diet advice from a PetSmart trainer. Diet advice is best from your research and Vet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts