Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using From Gold on my aussie right now and its making his coat look really healthy and shiny and it also reduced the oily look to it too! The only downside I have seen is my dog sort of got bored of it and although he still ate he didnt show as much interest in it as before...we didnt change the amount of times we fed him though. Our local dog food market ran out of it and we only had a little left so we got some beneful and slowly changed him over to it. He wolfed it down crazily! (we picked beneful because we had just heard of an old corgi who switched to that and is a totally new happy dog!) Now we are back on From Gold for a while because the beneful didnt seem to make his coat nice and healthy...just a bit dull i guess! Anyone else use beneful or from gold?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I have used Fromm Gold before. It's a really good food. Beneful is far below Fromm Gold as far as quality.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I've only used FROMM 4-Star, but I like FROMM Gold, too. I like its ingredients. Beneful is not a food I would ever go near for my 3 dogs. The ingredients are about the worst out there....but alot of people use it I guess. I feel if their dogs are doing good on it, then they have alot of luck on their side! I say stick with the FROMM Gold. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
There's nothing good about Beneful...it has artificial colours in it so that it looks healthy. And people still buy into it! I guess it's cheap but myfriend's dog used to eat it and his coat was so greasy and matted, there was no point in giving him a bath.

Spend a little more money and stay on the Fromm. I've never fed it to my dog though she did like their cranberry treats. My kitten loves their canned entrees.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
I would stick with Fromm too...definitely a better food (especially with the results you've seen in mind).

Is this a young dog? If so, there will be times that he won't seem to require a whole lot of food to keep him active, and healthy; this is due to the growth that he is going to be going through. It's like a kid...some days they devour everything in sight, but then the next day, doesn't eat hardly a thing. Puppies are the same way; just keep to his schedule, and he will eat what he needs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys I will keep him on fromm gold!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts