Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing a beta weekend and so far this seems pretty awesome. If you haven't seen it yet and like online games, consider it as its story based MMO so not as repetitive as Warcraft.

It comes out December, but I seriously want to start talking to everyone to figure out who is playing and star planning on team mates starting on the same server (thinking PVE server so no ganking).

I will be playing a Bounty Hunter at night with the SO but perhaps a secondary character for day play when he isn't home.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
If I was into star wars I just might, but then again I don't think I have the right kind of laptop to support that kind of graphics. By beta weekend, you mean beta testing? I've always kind of wanted to try that but not sure if I would be qualified.

I am more into the 2D RPGs with old style graphics anyways (like Aveyond).

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
OMG you are SOO lucky, I've been trying to get into SWTOR beta for months! I already play Wow and Rift and I will be playing this as well (hubby is actually talking about playing as well)

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Im soooooooo jealous!!!! I've been hoping to get into a beta weekend! My SO and I both have it pre-ordered along with a few friends! We played WoW hardcore for several years but quit due to seeing the same thing over and over. I don't know where we'll be playing, I believe we will be playing sith as their inquisitors are completely awesome and that's what I'll be rolling!

I'm mad I missed this thread hen it was started!

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Noooooo no more Video/ online games. lol
I am very interested in this though, thank you for bring it to my attention. :)
I play Wow online right now and my God of War and Assassin's creed video games on my PS3 and Xbox rules my life on weekends. haha

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the beta weekend was done on Monday but I've gotten swamped at work and had to do early AM which I'm normally nights so brutal- sorry to reply back so late.

So my opinion is that it is very fun, really some of the most fun I've had playing a MMO. I do enjoy RPGs and a good storyline so I love how story driven this is but apparently some "purist" and level freaks get so mad that it's "too much" and that there are too many cut scenes. This to me though makes the quests far more interesting. What I do like though is in the conversation cut scenes there 3 conversational choices you can say. Most are neutral comments, but some are a dark side/light side comment that obtain you points towards a side. I was playing on the dark side (Bounty Hunter) most of the weekend, but based on my actions I am neutral.

You get companion helpers! I got one at level 8 or so and they can help you fight/heal and also can do small tasks for you (like sell your junk items for cash while you're busy questing) and they also have quests that they might do on their own. Between your helper and one person with another helper you can basically take on some of the "heroic" group quests and "flashback" instances. Even so they make it very easy to find a group as there's a online players tab near you and it posts if people want a group and you can type up a blurb for what. I haven't had trouble with groups even in the odd hours of the night (like I was doing heroics 2-6am) because of it.

I got to go to work but I'm very excited to play. I would love if those interested would like to be on the same server so possibly we can play? The BF and I have collected a ton of friends and you can meet them to so that you always have active friends to do PVP and heroics with.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Thanks for all of the feedback!!! That's awesome! It's really well known that people who are only concentrated on end game and people who dislike stories and only want to level to the cap as quickly as possible aren't happy with the game. They're voicing it all over lots of forums! They want the game to be like World of Warcraft.

Anyway. We do a lot of digging around and reading on forums/sites about swtor. If anyone wants toss me a PM and I can give you a pretty well known site for swtor beta screenshots and videos ( you might already know it if you're really into it though!). Mmo-champ also has a huge forum for the game in their offtopic/other games forums.

I'd be totally down with meeting people from here in the game and playing together :D! The SO made a guild on the swtor website back in like April when they announced you'd be able to pre-make guilds. Which is really I believe is the best way to get all your friends on the same server - since they place the guild and their allies/enemy guilds on the same servers I believe.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
I Don't WANT it to be like WoW, I want it to be different! Oh and if you send me a FB friends request I'll certainly try to coordinate servers (One of my WoW guildies and I are doing the same and will most likely have a guild built before launch).

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well our loose "group" is about 10-12 people deep currently. We have pre-ordered.

The BF bought the super balling collectors edition so he can pop into the VIP lounge that's part of the privileges and make fun of people who are angry about it. Some guy on the SWTOR forums equated it to racism and keeping "poor people" down. Man, one this guy is already spending $60 for a standard game, can afford a monthly game, monthly internet and have a good enough computer to run it then you aren't that poor. I don't have a laptop good enough to run it. I'm saving up money to buy a new laptop (overdue anyways since this is a P.I.T.A I'm using) knowing this is going to launch. If someone like me who works maybe 15 hours a week can save for a computer then surely anyone can save for $150 for a collectors edition.

Partly why I wanted to start something here. Too much complaining!

They did such a good job with this game that the BF and I honestly want to give money their way to support a labor of love.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts