Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening all,

First of all, I have made an appt for tomorrow morning for this issue, but would like to know what to expect as far as treatment. This morning I shut my 13 week old GSD puppy's right leg in my car door (heavy 2 door car door). She yelped for quite a while and she usually carries on like that if only mildly hurt (i.e. gets stepped on by other dogs in the house). I put her in her crate this morning and figured I would see how she was when she got home.

When I got home she seems to be limping pretty significantly and putting less weight on that leg. In fact, there are times when she will lift it in the air when sitting down. I spoke to the vet tech who had spoken to the doctor and he thought it could wait until tomorrow. Any input on info from similar situations or any other knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
If it were me I'd go to the e-vet...I know your vet said it could wait, it's your call, but I personally wouldn't want to make my dog wait in pain all night if it is broken. My previous dog had his leg broken accidentally (stepped on) and it did heal fine with treatment, though his was kind of a worst case scenario, very bad break.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
I agree with the e-vet. However, as previously stated, it is your call.

At the very least, I would call the vet and ask if giving a baby aspirin would be advisable. I would also keep her crated except for bathroom breaks till your appt.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
How is your puppy's leg?

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
What did the vet say? I hope your puppies leg is better now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts