Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a starter pack and my dog really liked the Chicken, and the Lamb. Didn't like the beef or duck. I then went and bought a 4lb bag of the nuggets. I plan on doing a rotation diet with RAW, Dry and Wet food. It's the only way I can get her to eat raw, and it's really expensive and I cannot go strictly on raw. Any opinions on this brand?

·
Registered
388 Posts
I used to feed the Primal Mixes...Buffalo and also Turkey. My dog loved them! I didn't have much luck with the nuggets, my dog didn't care for them. The Mixes comes in a tube and is only meat and bone and about 20% produce. They also have a "Grind" that comes in a tube or chub, this is only meat and bone...no produce at all. That was going to be my next purchase.

After spending waaaay too much $$ on this I decided to try feeding ground beef and turkey from the grocery store. It was much cheaper and still very well received! I feed premium kibble. too, so I was not so concerned with the Prepared Raw being a "complete" feed.

I think Primal is a wonderful company and would happily feed it again, but it became cost prohibitative.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts