Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My roommate is going to be getting a newfie really soon, and I'm helping him sift through breeders and ask questions. Problem is, I don't know the first thing about newfoundland conformation, working or lines.

Does anyone have a bit of knowledge about them that I can run some stuff by?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Do some research on the web you can find alot of breeders and get some answers also at my site, good luck with your search
I already have a pretty solid list of very good breeders. I'm looking for nitpicky things about conformation and drives. Like how much front a proper newfie should have. How their tailset should be. How large their head should be. Etc etc etc.

edit -- oh, by the way. check the links in your sig. You put them there against the rules and they now lead to www.spam.com. Get ahold of a mod and get permission if you want to post your site in sigs! :p

·
Registered
4,778 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
44 Posts
My roommate is going to be getting a newfie really soon, and I'm helping him sift through breeders and ask questions. Problem is, I don't know the first thing about newfoundland conformation, working or lines.

Does anyone have a bit of knowledge about them that I can run some stuff by?
You can ask lots of Newfie questions at this site:
http://www.newf.net/index.html
I did lots of research there for about a year before we got ours below, he turns 5 months tomorrow and is 70 pounds.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
I can recommend some breeders too, TJ :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts