Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is national Take your dog to work day. My company as a whole isn't participating, but my manager said that my department could bring in our dogs. Buffy is being pretty good. We went for a walk outside the building (about 1 mile) in the heat, so it tired her out somewhat. But she's still getting a little restless/whiny and jumps up every time my desk chair squeaks.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
lol thats ironic! my dogs come to work with my everyday and my boss just called to tell me NOT to bring my dogs to work today :p

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
I work in a lab so no chance of being able to bring Jubel in with me. Even if I could I don't see him being too well behaved for 8.5 hours while I work, he'd love meeting all the new people though.

There is a women on the floor below us who brings in her yorkie almost everyday, glass windows of her office open to the atrium in the building so we can see it as we walk by frequently.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
ok I can change my answer to yes lol my boss just called again, said I can bring 1 or 2 "good" dogs..IE dogs that can fit in any group or kennel lol AKA Gem and Misty are comming with me :p

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It would be nice to be able to bring her more often, but usually she spends 4 days a week playing with my parents' dog at their house, so I'm sure this is a bit boring for her. They're taking advantage of her not being there today to wallpaper their bathroom.

The other girl in my department who brought in her dog has brought him in 2-3 times before. Maybe if the company sees how well behaved our dogs are, they'll consider letting us bring them in more often.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Miss Bugs! :lol:

Every day is take-your-dog-to-work day for me. I work in my studio at home. As usual, this morning all three dogs are taking up about 1/2 the available floor space.

·
Registered
591 Posts
When I start my new job next month as a nanny for 3 beautiful kids Sophie and Guapo will go with me. Lucifer spends his days when I am at work up the street with his lady friend Miss Ruby the great dane. THey play so much Ruby's dad finally asked if I needed a dog sitter. THey even asked if he could go camping with them but I wasnt comfortable with that one .

·
Registered
176 Posts
Since I work for a rescue my pups get to come to work everyday :) Today I also have an office kitty that was just surrendered - she's coming home with me for the weekend.
decue and honey in love.jpg
mina 2 correct.jpg
mina.jpg

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
It would kind of depress me to bring my dogs to work with me since I work at a shelter. I'm also off today, so perhaps I'll sign someone out for the night. Bring a dog home from work day.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I work in a kitchen, that would be BAD. Too many tasty foods and I'm not sure the golfers (who spend tens of thousands of dollars just for the membership every year and another few hundred a NIGHT to stay in a cabin) want dog hair on their leftover 50$ steak or their (slightly cheaper) pancakes and eggs.

·
Registered
291 Posts
My 6 month old baby, Fire, comes with me every day. She is my "kennel" dog.

She greets everybody coming in the door and loves meeting all the new dogs. I use her as my dog barometer and she gets to play in the yards with many of the guests.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
yeah, ditto on the "every day" part......mine go w/ me all the time, tho i've taken it down to 2 a nite and rotate who goes.....

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I take both of mine often. working in a dog grooming shop. No one cares about hair, barking, begging for lunchs or me taking 20mins to go walk them lol Both are coming in tomorrow for their weekly baths. Blaze comes 3 or so days a week, where Solo only comes in if he will be home alone all day. he hates my work. So I dont bring him often lol

·
Registered
933 Posts
I'm a SAHM so my dogs are at work with me EVERY day...

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
That is so cool!! Where I used to work, I highly doubt I could bring Luke although I have after hours. I used to work on a farm and he loved to chase the ducks, chickens, guinea hens, etc. Well not too much, I did hold him back. It was funny to see the goats and sheep afraid of him, but the equine were mighty curious. It was cute.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It was really cool to see who the dog lovers at the company are. Lots of people stopped me in the hallway when I was taking Buffy out for a walk/break. She also got tons of attention from people who sit near me. Like I said, I think it was a bit boring for her, and she did get whiny here and there, but she was so good overall. I was proud of her and glad I got to show her off a bit. =)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts