Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Can't say I've ever seen that before, but it was hilarious! Was he raised by cats?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Oh how funny!!! He is stalking you, hunting dogs and herders show that kind of behavior. Just be careful he isn't considering you the "game" and that you remain alpha in the home. Do you take him to the dog park to play?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh how funny!!! He is stalking you, hunting dogs and herders show that kind of behavior. Just be careful he isn't considering you the "game" and that you remain alpha in the home. Do you take him to the dog park to play?
I 100 percent agree with your statement. To answer your question, I take him as much as I can, he is great around other dogs of all sizes (surprisingly lol).

·
Registered
792 Posts
Our family Westie does that! It's actually the first game we made up together. I would walk slow, he would "stalk" me, and then I would sprint to some sort of "base" (like a couch or the back of a car) and he'd chase, then I'd step down and we'd start all over.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
We had a Lhasa Apso growing up that would tiptoe like that after you, if you got up and started tiptoeing away. Then if you ran, he'd run after you growling and sounding like he was going to tear you up! We always thought it would be funny if a burglar broke in and was snaking around the house...

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
That was cute! ... yep just like Leeo hunting rodents and birds ... stalking the prey! :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We had a Lhasa Apso growing up that would tiptoe like that after you, if you got up and started tiptoeing away. Then if you ran, he'd run after you growling and sounding like he was going to tear you up! We always thought it would be funny if a burglar broke in and was snaking around the house...
He only seems to do it with a couple people, which is really good. With new people, they think he is scary do to his looks but he's completely harmless.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Our family Westie does that! It's actually the first game we made up together. I would walk slow, he would "stalk" me, and then I would sprint to some sort of "base" (like a couch or the back of a car) and he'd chase, then I'd step down and we'd start all over.
Yeah, he his had his way with the couches, that's for sure lol.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
To quote Paul, ***** that made me jump!
xD It was cute until the end D:

·
Registered
390 Posts
There's a few videos of a Doberman named Ramsey, who stalks her owner like that. Andy is not subtle or graceful enough to "stalk".

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There's a few videos of a Doberman named Ramsey, who stalks her owner like that. Andy is not subtle or graceful enough to "stalk".
I'm a little surprised Bear is able to walk like that considering he can barely sit without falling over.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts