Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For awhile now I have been trying to find a new dog. I am able to care for it but it was so when my Dane mix, who is 13, dies then my Shiba would have a friend. Well the Shiba got loose and a rancher down the road shot him thinking he was a wolf. So it will be a good long while before I actually get the dog, time to adjust to Puck's sudden death. But I am active as in I like to do hiking, long walks etc. During the fall, winter and early spring I am a school teach so the dog would be alone for a couple of hours. Other than that my dogs go every where with me. My dogs, except the Shiba would would be on a leash, also follow me on trail riders with my 19hh Shire Atlas. Most of my family have told me get a Lab or a Golden those would be good dogs for you. But, I want something that can withstand a Montana winter and is not one you seen everyday. It will be coming from a rescue of course. I have no on a good breed I love Great Danes and really want one but I don't want to have to put a coat on it in the winter.One breed that has always come before Danes is the Shiba Inu but after what happened to Puck I don't want to own another for a good long while. My Great Dane is mixed with a Newfoundland so she is large and covered in a good thick coat.I will keep your suggestions in mind but it will probably be awhile before I get another dog. I need time to adjust to life without my Shiba who used to bark at everything and anyone.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts