Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is Barkley doing his favorite move
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3mwH9BzgC0

Most people seem to think he's part Pitbull. He's about a year old, got him from the SPCA last spring. Any thoughts?

When I get a chance, I'll post a video of Sam (the other dog)- the Lab (mix?) with the totally purple tongue:p

·
Registered
395 Posts
My first impression was a hound-ish Beagle mix.... possibly with some AmStaff in him. That video is really cute, lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My first impression was a hound-ish Beagle mix.... possibly with some AmStaff in him. That video is really cute, lol.
:) Yeah it never fails to make me smile.

I was thinking there was beagle in there, too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Uh oh.....
Yes, I'm aware some people don't condone invisible fencing. Rest assured, I take all the proper precautions- they aren't left unsupervised, the collars are only worn while they are in the back yard. And the dogs respect the boundary, so they don't get shocked. I doubt you'll find two happier dogs with the amount of room that they have to run around and chase each other in my back yard.

·
Banned
749 Posts
Yes, I'm aware some people don't condone invisible fencing. Rest assured, I take all the proper precautions- they aren't left unsupervised, the collars are only worn while they are in the back yard. And the dogs respect the boundary, so they don't get shocked. I doubt you'll find two happier dogs with the amount of room that they have to run around and chase each other in my back yard.
Years ago (about 35) we had a Chihuahua that I had trained. I had her trained to where she would not leave the yard front or back. There was no invisible fencing back then but she never left the yard unless you took her for a walk.

She would need to relieve herself and would sit at the back door. When you opened the door for her to go out she would sit there until you said "Ok you can go".

What would happen if you took the collars off?. What would happen if you were to keep the collars on but the fence turned off?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts