Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any opinions on Kong Ziggie treats? Our dog loves them but I do worry about obstructions. What would be a good way to test how digestible these things are?

Here's the info from the Kong web site:

Ingredients: Pea Starch, Vegetable Glycerin, Sweet Potato, Dried Chicken Liver, Gelatin, Powdered Cellulose, Molasses, Alfalfa, Dicalcium Phosphate, Lecithin, Poultry Fat, Titanium Dioxide, Sorbic Acid, Cod Liver Oil, Vanilla, Iron Oxide, Mixed Tocopherols (Source of Vitamin E), Caramel, Chlorophyll.

ZIGGIES Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein (minimum) 6%
Crude Fat (minimum) 1%
Crude Fiber (maximum) 6%
Moisture (maximum) 14%
Ash (maximum) 3%

All ingredients are of US origin

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Put part of one in a container of warm water and see if it breaks down. I used them with my pup and never had a problem.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I will try that. Wonder if there is something that I could also try that would mimic stomach acids?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Chloe used to eat those all the time as a puppy but won't touch them now! I never had any issues, and she has a very sensitive stomach. I stuck one in a dumbbell shaped Kong and she would teethe on it every night before falling asleep, it was so cute.

They got expensive, and since I have started giving her marrow bones, she won't eat them so I donated an almost full box to the shelter.

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Thanks, I will try that. Wonder if there is something that I could also try that would mimic stomach acids?
White vinegar is pretty close.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts