Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any movies this summer you are just dying to see??

I saw an early opening of the new Star Trek movie last night and I thought that it was AWESOME!! It was one of the movies my husband and I were waiting for.

We don't go to the movies a whole lot, but we do make it a point to see certain movies as the theater.

Other movies that I am waiting for this summer include:

Transformers 2 (I told my husband that we are making it a point to see this one at the IMAX)

GI Joe (can you tell my husband and I grew up watching 80's cartoons... LOL!!!)

the new Terminator (although we might wait for it to come to DVD)

What are some of the movies that y'all are waiting for??

·
Registered
442 Posts
Transformers 2 , CANNOT wait . The first one was so good , its going to be tough to beat it . Those effects people are amazing !!

Dont go often though , with big screens and super audio systems in the home , its more comfy to wait for the Blu-Ray to come out and snuggle up on the couch :D

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
My husband and I are huge movie goers LOL......we are waiting for all the same movies you are......I also want to see the new chick flick with Ryan Reynolds and Sandra bullock :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
We always wait to see movies when they come to our local dollar theater. We go see a movie every week that way! ;) We might be a little late seeing them, but that's ok.

We did see Transformers the weekend it came out. There is a good probability we will do the same with the second installment, and the bf really wants to see GI Joe the DAY it comes out, lol.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Going to see the Star Trek movie soon. Saw X-men (was very good. =D). Can't wait to see Transformers 2. <3333

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
We always wait to see movies when they come to our local dollar theater.
They took our dollar theater out of one of the malls since they're remodeling it. :mad:
They other cheaper theater, is ok if we're broke, but we usually don't go there too often because sometimes the screen isn't too great (i.e., off centered... a lot).
Since we've been pretty broke lately, the bf usually will watch a new movie online if I don't want to go.

Usually if it's a movie we're dying to see, we watch it at the big expensive theater, though.
As of now, I know we're waiting for the new Transformers movie. We're also even waiting to see Night at the Museum 2 (we like pretty much every genre of movie). I think we're going to see Up! (the Disney movie.... I'm such a kid at heart :D)
I'm sure we'll end up seeing Star Trek eventually, but it might not be in theaters.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Up looks like a cute movie!!! Did you see the previews where it shows the dog that has a collar that allows people to understand what he is saying? Really cute!

We have a theater that does dollar days, that's where we go when we take all the kids to the theater. Plus soda and popcorn there is inexpensive and FREE REFILLS!!!! Love being able to take 4 kids my husband and I with food for 23$.

The effects of the first Transformers were amazing!! They look like they are going to be just as good in the second. There is already even a tentative release date for Transformers 3 (I believe 2011)!! I just really love seeing how they bring the Transformers to the screen.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
I haven't been to an actual movie theater in ages...lol at least 6 or 7 years...and I don't even remember the movie that my boyfriend and I saw. lol

We always get all of our movies from Netflix. :)

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
I usually hate going to the theater....paying $8 to sit in a wobbly chair with my feet sticking to the floor, listening to kids text each other and giggling, is not my idea of a good time. I did go to the matinee of Star Trek last Sunday and I'm glad I did....it's a great movie! Definitely a good one to see on the big screen.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I usually hate going to the theater....paying $8 to sit in a wobbly chair with my feet sticking to the floor, listening to kids text each other and giggling, is not my idea of a good time. I did go to the matinee of Star Trek last Sunday and I'm glad I did....it's a great movie! Definitely a good one to see on the big screen.
I know what you mean, that's exactly why we go to our dollar theater. $1 a person, and if the movie sucks, you've only lost a few bucks. And if you go on a weeknight (preferably we like to do weekdays when we can) you pretty much have the place to yourself.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Saw Star Trek on Mothers Day.....loved it!

I love going to the movies......watching movies at home is cool but its not like seeing them on the BS....we have two very new and very nice theaters near me with large reclining leather seats with adjustable cup holders.....I love going..I just wish it was not so expensive ..gosh!...but what helps with that is buying tickets at costco....they are like 2 bucks cheaper:D

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
We've seen Star Trek...twice, now...Lol!!! I LOVED watching it when I was a kid!

We are planning on seeing Angels and Demons, My Sister's Keeper, Transformers 2, and Harry Potter...

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I'm not a big movie goer. I just don't sit still that well. But we went to see Star Trek last weekend. WOW! They caught the characters perfectly. I'd go back and pay full price to watch it again...

We're aiming to see Terminator and Harry Potter in the theater. The others I think we'll catch on Netflix.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
17 Again
X-Men Origins

That's all I can think of. 17 Again hubby and I will probably just rent, but X-Men we'll probably go see with his brother sometime.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts