Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a friend and i went to the dog park w/ our kids the other day and her pup got this rash on his belly....none of mine did, just Zebby....i'm thinking maybe a reaction to a plant that is out there? anyone else...or maybe even know what kind of plant if that's it?

it's gotten better over the past couple days...doesn't seem to be itchy or irritating.....

·
Registered
509 Posts
Mosquito bites maybe? I would let a Vet look at them.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
don't think so....didn't see or have any 'skeeters out there that i know of....and you'd think if he was getting bit that bad that we'd either notice or the other dogs would have them.......he'll be off to the vet if it doesn't get any better in the next day or 2...don't think it's anything serious at this point....

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Kinda look like ant bites. . .maybe he went and stood on an anthill, and the others didn't.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Is the dog acting itchy?

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Willowy, that's a possible (no other marks anywhere but the belly, but still....possible)

CptJack, at this point there isn't any itchiness indicated....he's not bothering it at all......she has given him a bit of Benadryl and i suggested a baking soda rub if it does seem to itch.....

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Willowy, that's a possible (no other marks anywhere but the belly, but still....possible)

CptJack, at this point there isn't any itchiness indicated....he's not bothering it at all......she has given him a bit of Benadryl and i suggested a baking soda rub if it does seem to itch.....
If it doesn't clear up soon, I'd probably see a vet. It looks a little like folliculitis - so some mild bacterial infection may be to blame, rather than insect bites or parasites.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, Zeb was taken to the vet to check it out....turns out it's a staph infection.....from what, don't know.....so, anti-biotics for a while and hopefully it clears up.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts