Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So long story short, we have been placing our dog in a 6x6 kennel in the basement for about 2 1/2 months when we are not home. She used to have run of the house until she progressively started destroying things including electrical cords. To save our sanity and her health, she has been going into the kennel. It started out with the basic metal fencing material on the sides and we placed a very thick plywood for the roof. Well, it only took her 1/2 a day to break out of that so we ended up building the entire thing out of plywood with plastic coated walls that I have actually seen used in some doggy daycares. She hasn't been able to imitate houdini since we did that :wink:

So now on to the question--we had a rug that went under the entire kennel. To my surprise, she actually hadn't touched the rug until last week. She started ripping the thing to shreds which is actually amazing since neither my hubby nor I could move the rug with the kennel sitting on top of it..lol. So we are now trying to brainstorm what we could possibly put underneath that she would have a tough time destroying. I was thinking about the stuff that gyms use for their floors--some have interlocking panels. She doesn't tend to scratch so that might work. Anyone else have that problem? Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Don't really want her laying down on concrete. Thanks!

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Linear Rubber Products (Kennel Comfort Mats) 800-558-4040

Not even sure they are still in business I'm gonna Google it after done here. I have some rubber mats here that are 25 yrs old. You call them and order size and they will ship it, mats are as thick as a tire 5/8's inch thick and while some dogs have tried chewing them not much damage at all.

I did Google them, http://www.rubbermats.com/

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Linear Rubber Products (Kennel Comfort Mats) 800-558-4040

Not even sure they are still in business I'm gonna Google it after done here. I have some rubber mats here that are 25 yrs old. You call them and order size and they will ship it, mats are as thick as a tire 5/8's inch thick and while some dogs have tried chewing them not much damage at all.

I did Google them, http://www.rubbermats.com/
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I'm going to give them a call.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I'm going to give them a call.
If you decide to order, When I ordered portable kennel runs, a back, 2 sides, gate. If I ordered a 4 by 12 run I ordered a 5 by 13 ft rubber mat. You put mat down, install run on the mat. The dog cannot dig out and the run itself does not move or slide easily cause it's on the rubber.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts