Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 22 month old Doberman pitbull he's a little smaller then a Doberman but closley resembles one and has a lot of the same characteristics. He's showing multiple symptoms of something I've never seen before that I'm not sure what might mean. Lately they've gotten worse and I just want to get some goodfeedback about.

1. He sneezes constantly, all the time after eating, waking up, excited, or just sitting there sometimes. It's almost like when he takes a deep breath he needs to sneeze.

2.Sometimes there's hacking but it's not like a kennel cough hack because he's had that before and it's not the same there's no gunk in his throat. It's more like gagging like he's going to vomit then he just licks his lips for about two minutes straight after.

3. He shakes all time and at first I thought it was when he was cold but he does it even when he's bundled up. I found some things about dogs shakeig while they sleep is normal but he's perfectly still when he sleeps the shakeing is when he's awake it's almost like muscle spasms.

4.He vomited neon yellow bile today but that's the only time I've seen it happen.

5. He has really dry and crumbly stool just for the last couple of days it's usually more soft.

6. I don't know if this may be relevant at all but he always eats grass any chance he can get he's eating up the grass.

Other then this behavior he seems to be in good spirits and his energy level has not been out of the norm so I'm pretty puzzled. I can't afford to take him to the vet until my next paycheck so I just wanted to make sure this doesn't sound like a life threatenig emergency to anyone. Thanks so much for any help you can give me.

·
Super Moderator
11,683 Posts
If we tell you it's an emergency, will you find a way to take him to the vet? Because only a vet, who has the training and can actually examine your dog, will be able to even guess what's going on with him.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Sounds like there could be something stuck in the nasal passage or between the throat/nasal passage.......Taking him to the Vet asap is going to be a must I think.....They might need to scope him

Best wishes....Please post pictures as Dobies and Pit Bulls are near and dear to me :D

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
My first thought would be a heart problem, though not all the symptoms really match. Either way your pup should be seen by a vet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts