Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were told Sam is a Maltese/Pomeranian mix...The vet says "No way that is what he is".....Followed by "I've actually given up on guessing breeds of dogs 20 years ago" (Wait, and your 45? :suspicious: ) The only reason I'm wondering what he might be is because I think the groomer is trying to rip us off by saying he's some crazy mix that makes the prices go up another $15. Here are a few pics of him....His hair is shorter than the first few, That's just how the shelter got him. Thanks!
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae Dog Canidae Dog breed Tire Carnivore Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
I suck at guessing but I'll give it a try. Maltese/Schnauzer.
This ^ ... ^ ... ^ ........ was my first thought .... almost looks like my Eddee! :D

He is adorable!

I know people try and make designer dogs ... a Schnauzer/Maltese ... called a "Schneeze" ..... crazy names ................. just like I believe Eddee was an attempt at a designer mix. ..... and also ... thanks for rescuing him! :)

I am just guessing though. Havanese and Schnauzer mixes look similar from the ones I have seen on different sites. I have done tons of searches to try and figure out what Eddee is! Lol! :)

Sam is fluffier than Eddee though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! I googled some pics of schnauzers/maltese mixes and I'm almost sure he has some Maltese and schnauzer in him now that I've seen some!

·
Registered
792 Posts
I don't know what he is but I would definitely want some further explanation from the groomer as to what the price difference is for. Just chalking it up to being a crazy mix doesn't make sense. Some coat types are harder to groom than others, I imagine, but they should be able to give you specific reasons why and some examples of other dogs that have the same coat. Maybe ask some other groomers their opinion.

·
Banned
6,240 Posts
Yeah that doesn't sound right, breed alone shouldn't affect price but coat type can I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I see some type of terrier either schnauzer or yorkie mixed with a fluffy toy breed like a maltese, lhasa apso, havanese, or shih tzu.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I would have to agree on schnauzer/maltese or maltese/Lhasa Apso. he is such a cutie though!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts