Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were told Sam is a Maltese/Pomeranian mix...The vet says "No way that is what he is".....Followed by "I've actually given up on guessing breeds of dogs 20 years ago" (Wait, and your 45? :suspicious: ) The only reason I'm wondering what he might be is because I think the groomer is trying to rip us off by saying he's some crazy mix that makes the prices go up another $15. Here are a few pics of him....His hair is shorter than the first few, That's just how the shelter got him. Thanks!
Gizmo6.jpg Gizmo5.jpg Gizmo4(2).jpg 616950_312771002153352_176396421_o.jpg 531718_312081895555596_1677510617_n.jpg

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I suck at guessing but I'll give it a try. Maltese/Schnauzer.
This ^ ... ^ ... ^ ........ was my first thought .... almost looks like my Eddee! :D

He is adorable!

I know people try and make designer dogs ... a Schnauzer/Maltese ... called a "Schneeze" ..... crazy names ................. just like I believe Eddee was an attempt at a designer mix. ..... and also ... thanks for rescuing him! :)

I am just guessing though. Havanese and Schnauzer mixes look similar from the ones I have seen on different sites. I have done tons of searches to try and figure out what Eddee is! Lol! :)

Sam is fluffier than Eddee though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! I googled some pics of schnauzers/maltese mixes and I'm almost sure he has some Maltese and schnauzer in him now that I've seen some!

·
Registered
792 Posts
I don't know what he is but I would definitely want some further explanation from the groomer as to what the price difference is for. Just chalking it up to being a crazy mix doesn't make sense. Some coat types are harder to groom than others, I imagine, but they should be able to give you specific reasons why and some examples of other dogs that have the same coat. Maybe ask some other groomers their opinion.

·
Banned
6,240 Posts
Yeah that doesn't sound right, breed alone shouldn't affect price but coat type can I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I see some type of terrier either schnauzer or yorkie mixed with a fluffy toy breed like a maltese, lhasa apso, havanese, or shih tzu.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I would have to agree on schnauzer/maltese or maltese/Lhasa Apso. he is such a cutie though!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts