Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog has been licking rust off of the fireplace, and I was wondering if that could lead to any harmful diseases. He also started to eat the burnt wood and cardboard out of the fireplace (not my biggest concern) and I was wondering if that could also harm him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
I'd ask my vet, but at a guess unless he's ingesting large amounts, no harm. However, it sounds like this is a dog that needs more exercise and mental stimulation - training, puzzle games. Definitely more training about house rules as to what's not acceptable to lick or chew. Until I deemed him trustworthy in that regard, I'd make the fireplace and cardboard unavailable to him.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top