Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
One more tip Dee,
get some ear plugs! it will help you to get some rest ;)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thank you again and it may take some time for me to let you know how it works, figure til she gets used to it... ;) Probably the beginning of next week I should see some progress!!! Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Ditto on everything Elana said about the crate (saved me a heap of typing). Use a "wire lock pin" to secure the door. If your pup can work her way past that, send her to me--I want her.

http://knobsource.thomasnet.com/Asset/WireloCKGold2A.jpg

My Rottie used to sleep on the bed. My wife would let him, but I wouldn't. He got around my rule by waiting 'til I was in a deep sleep, then he'd creep up (oh so stealthily) and sleep on me. I sleep on my stomach, so he'd curl up like a cat on my back. When I'd wake up complaining that I felt like I went 15 rounds with an angry gorilla, my loving bride would just laugh. When she finally told me the 120 lb. dog was sleeping on me, I didn't believe her. I'll post the picture if I can find it.

Dogs are all criminals. Treat them accordingly.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Ditto on everything Elana said about the crate (saved me a heap of typing). Use a "wire lock pin" to secure the door. If your pup can work her way past that, send her to me--I want her.

http://knobsource.thomasnet.com/Asset/WireloCKGold2A.jpg

My Rottie used to sleep on the bed. My wife would let him, but I wouldn't. He got around my rule by waiting 'til I was in a deep sleep, then he'd creep up (oh so stealthily) and sleep on me. I sleep on my stomach, so he'd curl up like a cat on my back. When I'd wake up complaining that I felt like I went 15 rounds with an angry gorilla, my loving bride would just laugh. When she finally told me the 120 lb. dog was sleeping on me, I didn't believe her. I'll post the picture if I can find it.

Dogs are all criminals. Treat them accordingly.
okay that is tooo funny! Don't you guys just love your wives!!!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
That is hysterical that you had no idea the dog was on your back, a rottie no less, hahahahahahahahahaha!!!! OK so the crate has not been a success, she likes it during the day, she goes and lays down, but when we go out and put the pup in it she eats things, the bed pad on the bottom, the cover is in shreds, the cover for the sides is now off cause she started eating the velcro... PUPPIES can win with them and can live without them!!! Still trying to be stern in training (since she will be so big I want to have control). We will work on the crate thing at night again soon, she is growing profusely by the day!!! Thanks for all the advise and crate during the day on her own is a good start (I THINK!!) LOL....

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Take everything out of the crate, she only has things to chew in there when you can supervise (just be close in case she chokes on something). You don't need to be stern, just consistent.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts