Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dog used to be fine with humans and other dogs. but now, he always barks up a tantrum everytime someone is in view (and i mean, this can be 15 feet away and he'd be barking.) so today, i took him out to relieve himself, and my neighbor walks out, and my dog totally just goes crazy, pulling himself free from the leesh. and this just wasn't acceptable. but i really don't know how to free him from this problem. any advice?

·
Registered
962 Posts
I do not think for a moment that your dog is crazy! It is the nature of dogs to vocalize, just like humans, some people just cannot shut up for a minute. My min-schnauzers are probably one of the worst of barkers and I have tried everything, encluding barking collars which I do not recommend.

Some dogs will bark at the moon and the clouds (thats a big time problem), and others at something specific. So maybe yours are like mine and bark at something that they feel is out of place like a stranger walking by or the trash truck passing by. But what concerns me most is the time of day or night, duration of the barking, my dogs can be measured in seconds, very seldom up to a minute. Otherwise neighbors will start to have legitimate complaint. I am especially carefull at night and when they go out to take that final leak, they are on a leash always so I can put my hand over their mouth if they start.

This was probably not too helpfull, but my point is your not alone with this problem and a lot of dog owners ignore the fact, and that could be a serious problem, being fined etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts