Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got them yesterday. I tried the calming cap on Betty and she didn't seem to mind it much, but did't like it much either. It will take her a day or 2 to get used to. I might try the Anxiety Wrap on her today as well, after I take Chloe to her Rally class. They are pretty cool. Going to take Betty for a walk as well with the Calming Cap on. Will see how it goes around other dogs as well, will have my clicker and lots of treats as well.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
I am thinking of getting one or both of those for Allie. I think you are supposed to pair them with calming things for the first few times you put them on?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, you don't have to. But like a new collar, or head halter, etc, you might want to pair the calming cap with treats so the dog looks at it as a good thing. But for the Anxiety Wrap, you just put it on them. They also say you might not see results right away, sometimes it can take a week or 2 before you actually start seeing results. I'm seeing some results with the Calming Cap on Betty almost right away.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used the calming cap today out on a nice long walk. It did help quite a bit. She did react to a couple dogs, but overall, wasn't near as bad as when she's not wearing it. And for the rest of the dogs, she was able to walk by, as long as I was helping by feeding hot dogs. I would have not been able to do this without it, as she would have reacted to almost all of the dogs. We were even able to walk about 10 feet off the trail with joggers and bikers going by without her reacting as well. I'm hoping this gives me the edge to where I can actually start working with desensitizing her to the dogs, bikers, and joggers. I can actually have her sit and reward her with a bunch of hot dogs, etc, while they all go by.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts