Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Montana an I went out this evening to blow off some steam and in the week I've owned him, have never seen him this exited to be outside with me and his favorite toy ( a red towel) which I found to be an effective training tool. Running, jumping and trying to stuff himself inside prairie dog hovels...it was quite the scene. He had his first bath today which was an episode in itself; meaning he did not like it and will likely be the topic of another post. He slept a lot today as well, and we spent more time apart today than we have since I got him. I think this is normal but I thought I would post it anyways.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Sounds normal to me.

Dogs generally don't like to be bathed. It's not exactly a natural thing for them. It's common for dogs to blow off steam afterwards by running around like crazy, growling and barking, or to withdraw a bit from the fear.

You've had the dog a week? It takes 6 weeks minimum to see a dog's true personality (if Montana is over 6 months old or so). So you'll see a lot of changes as time goes by.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts