Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We saw this walking thru our woods yesterday. It was larger than my 82 lb pitbull (taller and wider). In the picture it is soaking wet as it had just came out of a swamp. It looks like a coyote, but many people have said it is too large to be a coyote. We also have red tailed fox running around back there, but they are small. please give me your opinion about what it is. I was about 40 yards away from it when I snapped the picture. It you click on the picture it becomes larger so you can see it. Thanks

IMG_2337.jpg

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
It's hard to tell, specially facial features. I would say that if it is bigger than your dog than it is most likely a wolf or a dog, but I can't really say definitively that it is that.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Colour says Coyote. Height, tail and general size says wolf. Maybe a dog like ChaosIsAWeim said. Really hard to tell though

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Yeah it is hard to tell. I was thinking Red Wolf, but I thought their numbers were dwindling plus I don't know where you live. The height says wolf to me, but the color and fluffy tail are throwing me off. Where's...oh darn what's her sn? She's our wolf expert here, she would know.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Honestly by this picture, I can not see it good enough to tell if it could possibly be a wolfdog. I can tell you that the color definately is not coyote and its definately not red wolf or any type of wolf. That is to red and the colors are also not banded like on a coyote or red wolf.

This is a coyote

and red wolf

1 - 9 of 9 Posts