1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Absolutely sickening.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
My computer wouldn't let me watch ... but I am sure it is horrid ..... poor dogs!

I hope there are enough people to come forward and help with fostering and such.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The saddest thing is that the poor things could spend a year in foster homes, learn to trust and love and then be ordered by the courts to return to that hell. :( Talk about heart breaking.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
I hope they have the same out come from the mill bust that just happened here last month. Around 380 animals found in a two bedroom house in a rural town. We took 12 dogs and 3 adult cats (one with a litter of 12) at work. The people who had these dogs thankfully signed them all over and they were allowed to be taken immediately. Despite living in deplorable conditions, all of them were pretty well off socially. There were two with obvious fear issues, but in the short amount of time I knew them they were already improving greatly. The rest you would never know any thing happened to them. Medically they weren't horribly off, just heavily matted, urine burns, eye abrasions from the ammonia in the house, and dental issues. I'll think of these guys and hope they have the same out come.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do as well TWAB they should be so lucky as to have this owner sign the dogs over so they can be immediately placed. I am sure she will fight tooth and nail in court and tell them how perfect of an owner she really was. So what that she fed only water and stale bread to the almost 80 dogs on the property, or that she didn't provide vet care and had several dogs in so much pain they couldn't move? So what if the brown water provided was so thick you could barely pour it from their bowls or the kennels were lined with boards with nails sticking up for them to cut their pads on? Sickening and hard to not lose faith in people sometimes.

Here is her kennel site. http://www.karouselkennels.com/ I should think it is alright to post that as it is now public record that this happened, in the news and whatnot. If not, feel free to delete it. Looking at her site shows me that she was a poor breeder, breeding horrid quality dogs, and you can pretty much see they are not living in the best conditions based on her "photos for us to enjoy" that she did think were good enough to highlight her dogs. Note the size of these dogs. Shame on anyone who looked at that site and purchased puppies site unseen from her. She would meet people in parking lots to give them their puppies. Hello, is that a clue, or what?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Awful stuff. I see pretty bad stuff among breeders and hobby "animal lovers" alike but not this bad. I'm often not sure these people are aware of their errors.

The web site has a "HUMOR" section.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awful stuff. I see pretty bad stuff among breeders and hobby "animal lovers" alike but not this bad. I'm often not sure these people are aware of their errors.

The web site has a "HUMOR" section.
I know, I found that sort of sickening as well. This person might have started out with good intentions and then lost their way. Who knows but at the end of the day, how do you look at the animals in your care who are suffering and think "how can I sell more puppies?" Those suffering souls paid for the house payment, the food she ate, the car she drove. It is mind boggling to me. I have joked on a few ocassions with friends and said, "man, if I didn't have morals, I could make so much money and live so much better." Sadly, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
*sigh* What is wrong with humanity?

I think Kabota proves that many of them will be okay. He was neglected and never socialized and he's a wonderful dog. He just needed a little love and patience. Hopefully, love and patience can be provided to these dogs. Also, hopefully there's a hell for that woman to burn in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts