Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Which of the listed collars do you feel is the most misused.

• prong collars

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • choke chain collars

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • slip lead collars

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,443 Posts
Most questions, including this one, would get better responses if they weren't polls.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most questions, including this one, would get better responses if they weren't polls.
There is a reason for the question asked in this manner and is not designed to take in all of the additional reasoning one may offer. It is simply a mutiple choice question.

cheers

thanks for the comment however as all comments are considered valuable for my purpose in the polling.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
They can ALL be misused if the person doesn't know how to use them correctly. In fact, ANYTHING can be misued. Shoot, clickers are misused a lot by people who don't know anybetter.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My polling question simply asks that of the three which does one feel is the "most" misused in ones opinion.

I agree and would think that it is reasonable to understand that anything can be misused or abused.

Thanks for your input as this is valuable to the polling data.
cheers

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What exactly do you mean by "most misused"? The most commonly misused, or the one tool for which misuse is most harmful to the dog?
both.

mis·use (ms-ys)
n.
Improper, unlawful, or incorrect use; misapplication.
tr.v. (-yz) mis·used, mis·us·ing, mis·us·es
1. To use incorrectly.
2. To mistreat or abuse.

cheers

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
I don't think you understood my original post... my question was, when you want respondents to pick the "most misused tool", do you want them to pick the one that has the most number of misuse cases across the field? Or do you want them to pick the one that has the most potential for misuse?

·
Banned
7,942 Posts
Black and white doesn't allow for the shades of grey.

The loose ring and egg butt snaffle bit was the most widely used bit for horses for years. Probably still is. It is also the most widely misused and misunderstood bit and the bit most used in an abusive manner to the horse... while also being considered one of the gentlest bits used on a horse (the egg butt is actually gentler for a lot of mechanical reasons but I won't get into it). IOW's the equipment is black and white and every shade of grey inbetween.

Just like collars on dogs.

For this reason, I cannot take part in this poll.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
"most misused tool", do you want them to pick the one that has the most number of misuse cases across the field? Or do you want them to pick the one that has the most potential for misuse?
I would prefer the one that in ones experience has been the most misused.

Elana55 thank you for your input..it is valuable..

cheers

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
My polling question simply asks that of the three which does one feel is the "most" misused in ones opinion.
Unless the poll respondents have actual knowledge WRT to which tools are most misused, there is no useful information to be gleaned from their feelings on the subject. Considering that many feel any use of said tools constitutes "misuse", I would submit the answer to the question is, in fact, unknowable.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Unless the poll respondents have actual knowledge WRT to which tools are most misused, there is no useful information to be gleaned from their feelings on the subject. Considering that many feel any use of said tools constitutes "misuse", I would submit the answer to the question is, in fact, unknowable.
Your perspective is appreciated and like most issues of debate...a matter of perspective.

much useful information can indeed be gleaned from any answer...and comment.

thanks for the input..it is certainly valuable

cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts