Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living here with me tonight is a 2 year old intact male Yorkshire terrier! He was signed over to me by his former owners several months ago due to a skin infection that the owner did not want to diagnose or treat. She just to euthanize him. I felt sorry for the dog, so I had the owner sign the ownership relinquish forms, and he was mine. My friend's parents had him for several months, but this guy had to go because he's picking fights with the other intact male in the home. Shocking, right?

He's only been at my house for the past 2 hours or so. I fed him what I was given (Moist & Meaty), and he ate his dinner and the medications for his skin. I'm going to try to get some dry food in there tomorrow. But he's eating, and I am happy for that.

He's not sure of himself in my home; shocking, I know. There are six kitties here, as well as five dogs (rottweiler, GSD, golden retriever, chow X and another Yorkie/schnauzer mix (my Schnorkie). It's a very overwhelming home to come in to, but I have one dog out at a time with Harley. He's doing OK. I heard a growl from the yorkie when my rottweiler got too close, so I called the dogs off and separated them. This is going to be a long, patient, quiet several months.

He is curled up on my couch right now, where he is not supposed to be. He kind of snuck up. Until he can prove himself, he has to sleep in his kennel.

I suppose I should take him out for the night one more time. Here's his picture:

·
Registered
640 Posts
What a sweetheart!! UGH, I can't for the life of me understand how anyone could be so selfish and cruel as to want to kill a sweet animal just because the poor thing got a skin infection. Bless you for saving his life and giving him a chance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts