Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Thanks in advance for reading this. My one year old dog, who is half yellow lab half dashaund (sp?) has been such a joy. I saved her from a pound in March and she'd been doing so well with house training as far as pottying goes.

On May 28 I flew home (out of state) for my sister's graduation as well as my upcoming wedding mid June. My fiance is at home with our two cats and dog. Our dog did well the first four days, then started going on the floor. For the first time ever, she's been going #2. My fiance is doing everything he's supposed to. I even gave him the steps I've been following (on this forum) before I left. He's been sticking to our routine. Maybe she's upset that I'm gone? I don't know why else it would be this extreme.

From this coming Friday until June 22, our friend, who has two dogs of her own, will be watching ours. I'm hoping she won't be doing the same in house pottying there that she's been doing at home with my fiance.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for reading.

Pink

·
Registered
301 Posts
if she is close to you, then she may just be acting out and missing you!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
It's very possible that she is going on the floor because you are gone....like a child who normally behaves, but once his mother is out of the picture (not understanding why and that she will come back) will start to act out.

Also, people who volunteer to dogsit know what they are getting themselves into. Pottying on the floor is very likely with any not-totally-housebroken-dog. If they don't know that....why will soon, lol. I wouldn't worry about it, as long as they have cleaning supplies...it's no different from when their two were puppies/newly adopted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts