Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We do trade shows all over the country and generally take one of the dogs. My BH took Annabelle to her first trade show today and she did awesome! My BH was not a big Annabelle fan before today and now he is, she was that good! She played with the kids like a nice puppy and did tricks for treats (we give people treats to give the dogs). My BH said she was better than our 2.5year old! She is only 8 months so I really found this hard to believe....lol. I was waiting for the phone call that Annabelle pulled a teenage stunt. I am so proud of her, all of the hard work does pay off! Everyone loved her and commented on how good she behaved. I am a proud mama. :):):)

I need to remind myself of this when I get frustrated with her and her teenage pranks. Gotta love the rotties. :cool:

I was a little hot under the collar when someone told my BH that Rotties can't be trusted because a friend of these people runs a rescue and they had a rescued rottie there and they came home one day and the rottie killed their min pin. Well, I was *&%^(&%* cause it's the people's fault for leaving the dogs out together when they were not home! The only two I leave out together are the two that grew up together, otherwise it's the crate. I remember someone else on the boards talking about a similar situation, can't remember the details though. What, in general, are the qualification of people who house rescue dogs??? Is there any?

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
I DO LOVE THE ROTTIES. :)
Good girl Annabelle. I think it is a girl thing too. They just seem to do better in those situations earlier then boys. That is my experience, anyway. What a wonderful experience for her and for the community. The more positive outings the better for people. I love hearing things like that. Keep up the good work. You should be asking BH where the pictures are? lol

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I know, I should have had him take pictures! She even attempted to become friends with a little kid in a wheelchair! I was very proud because she hadn't seen a wheelchair yet! BH said she was a little shy of it at first, but didn't take long!

She is my first female dog that I can ever remember! I have always had boys, so it's a new learning experience for me.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I think whether the dog is friendly or not depends on the dog itself, not whether it's male or female. ;) That's the case in my experience, at least.

Anyways, sounds like everyone had a great time at the show. What a great experience for a young dog, too!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think whether the dog is friendly or not depends on the dog itself, not whether it's male or female.
I am sorry if you got the wrong impression, I agree with you completely. I was stating that I have had boys all my life so dealing with a female is different for me. That's it, nothing more, nothing less. I also think it has alot to do with how the dog is socialized. The more experiences they can have the better, that is why we take them with all the time. So they see all kinds of different people and are in different situations.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts