Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought that I would share my excitement with everyone on here about an upcoming opportunity that I am super stoked for.

For a while, I've contemplated volunteering at one of the nearby shelters, but life and school just seemed to get in the way. This year, I switched my area of study in college, and the opportunity has finally presented itself. In one class, we had to find a place to volunteer in order to strengthen relations between us and the community. I've completed my volunteer application and delivered my police check, and I will be getting an e-mail about attending orientation for the Sarnia Humane Society within the next couple days! I'm really happy and excited that I'm so close to being able to make a difference and help out the community and the animals. They have so many cats that they're full and can't afford to accept anymore, and I really want to try and help them find good homes like I was able to do with our latest cat, Dalek. One thing I'm happy about is how few dogs they seem to have.

The one thing I'm worried about is how attached I'll get to the animals while volunteering there lol. I'm a huge animal lover and there's always a voice in the back of my head that makes me constantly look at and research different dogs and dog breeds. I know that I probably won't be getting another dog until Belle's time comes, but I like to think that even if I do get a little attached, it's a healthy way to curb my puppy fever and a great way to give back and help those who need it most.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts