Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok, i had mentioned this in my post on Lacey, about my friend having done a reading on her and what she was "told"....and i know that there are many out there that don't believe in it at all (and, trust me, i understand why, i was the same way for a long time) but this same friend just did a reading on another dog for another friend of mine.....this person sent me a couple pics of her dog, Jack, a 1 1/2 yr old Pit that she has been having some weird issues w/ and wanted to know what's up w/ him.....i have never met/seen Jack (except those 2 pics) and i know basically nothing about him other than his cat and sugarglider obsession (which is what she wanted to find out about plus anything more he wanted to tell)....

well, all the info that i gave the reader was that his name is Jack and he's a 1 1/2 yr old Pit and sent her the pics to print off.....what she had to tell me and the owner of Jack was just amazing.....after her 1st "touch" w/ him (which was not nice, per se) she called and told me what she had but that his "attitude" was so bad that she was having a hard time to get him to stay on the issue and asked me in as few words as possible what his main problem was (w/ ppl or animals the most) and i said "cats, sugargliders and why" and she also asked me to have the owner tell him he has permission to talk w/ her, so the 2nd reading was nice and she found out things from him that i knew nothing about and was able to get this over (via, me thru email) to the owner....when i forwarded it the owner, she called me back after reading it and now i know what the rest meant.....

i am very much less the skeptic than i once was w/ things that i, myself, have had happen, but i'm even more convinced than b/4 that ppl can do this.....

·
Registered
714 Posts
What's a sugarglider?

I've been to a psychic with friends a couple of times (they were totally off on my readings and one person told me I was hard to read, lol)

I took my sheltie to an animal communicator and told her nothing. EIther she was very in tune with my dog or she was a very good guesser :) She knew what kind of house I lived in, she knew the colour of my bedroom where the dog sleeps---my bedroom is the only room in the house this colour. The oddest one was at the time, we were training in two different levels because they overlapped and I always called them "1 and2 " Well, this person says my dog "loves her 1and 2 classes" And I know I made no mention of that phrase that she could possibly know.

If nothing, she did have a way with animals...I watched Breezey closely and she did react differently being around this person than she does with other strangers. I quite liked her.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
It doesn't take a psychic, animal whisperer, behaviorist, or communication facilitator to figure out what issues a 1.5 year old Pit has with cats and sugargliders.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
See, I think a fail safe test would be to NOT tell the person what the dogs name is and have them tell you. ;)
That lady that used to be on tv would always ask the owner "what is his name?" I always thought, "Heck, you claim to be able to talk to animals, ask him?" Surely the dog could tell you what it's owner calls him all the time.
I do think a person real in tune with animal behaviors could make some educated guesses but I am not a believer in their psychic abilities.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It doesn't take a psychic, animal whisperer, behaviorist, or communication facilitator to figure out what issues a 1.5 year old Pit has with cats and sugargliders.
but, the thing is is that the issues w/ the cats and the sugargliders were just a small part of what she said, and the rest i knew absolutely nothing about.....when i mentioned to the owner this from the email
So with her locking him away when the other dog came in, did she reinforce the intimidating/aggression issue?
i had no idea what it was about and even thought she had read wrong (skeptic)....but the owner knew right off the bat (a couple wks ago she brought in another Pit/mix and Jack has problems w/ other older male dogs, so he gets put in the bathroom when Spike is out)...and the only way that the one gal could have known was thru Jack....and this was one of his biggest problems, he says its Spikes fault that he gets locked up....and there was more about his diet as to why he is so focused on the cats and gliders....

terryjeanne, this is a sugar glider (i guess it's 2 words)

Inga, i was once told that they have to know their name so they can show "good faith" when reaching out to them....it's the ones that want to know more that i don't trust, or the ones that "tell you" in question form what they are "reading"...but as soon as she saw his pic and b/4 i told her his name and age (she could see he is a Pit) she said "wow, this guy has major attitude issues, he's really not happy w/ some things"....i'll ask her about the name thing, tho....Jacks owner has another she would like to find out about, so i'll see if she can do it w/out a name and find that out herself.....

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
I put no faith at all in these people. People psychics have been proven false in double-blind study after double-blind study. Unfortunately it's more difficult to debunk pet psychics simply because we have no way to figure out what the dog really is thinking. I consider all psychics of any kind to either be mistaken about their abilities at best or flat out frauds at worst.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
People psychics have been proven false in double-blind study after double-blind study.
You want to see something funny, watch Penn & Teller's episode of Bullsh**! where they debunk psychics. It's a hoot.

I actually went to see a tarot reader/psychic, and will say that the woman was amazing. She was immensely intuitive and had a knack for her craft. What she did was make vague statements and--depending on your reaction--refine them until she found the truth of the matter. Or until she found a truth to your liking. The person being "read" unloaded with all the personal info she needed, and any predictions she made were vague enough to be interpreted as true...eventually.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but, what about the ones that can take a picture and tell you what they know and have it accurate?....i have seen that done, as well.....they didn't ask for anymore info....they held the pic and told the person what they felt and had it at least 90% correct.....this is what was done w/ Jack.....

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
On the one hand, every time I start thinking I've seen everything, it is brought home to me that I haven't. On the other hand, just because I can't think of a rational explanation for some phenomenon, doesn't mean there isn't one.

Send her a picture of a dog that's been dead for 5 years, and see what she says.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm not sure about pet psychics. I'd like to think that there are people out there who can talk to animals.

I know that I can read dog body language pretty well. Maybe not like Patricia McConnell or Jean Donaldson or Ian Dunbar can, but I can pretty much tell what a dog is thinking, or going to do.

And if I look in a photo, I can tell what the dog was feeling as that photo was being taken. You can see if the dog is tense, feeling dominant, playing or "laughing." But, I don't know if I could tell you what color the person's house is that owned the dog, unless I could see that in the picture, LOL!

I think the bottom line is if that gives you peace, go for it. Whether you believe in it or not- that's a personal thing.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
but, what about the ones that can take a picture and tell you what they know and have it accurate?....i have seen that done, as well.....they didn't ask for anymore info....they held the pic and told the person what they felt and had it at least 90% correct.....this is what was done w/ Jack.....
From the details you gave in your original post it doesn't seem like they told you anything specific. She knew ahead of time this pit was having issues of some kind you said. She told you the dog had a "bad attitude" and "wouldn't focus". Couldn't that be said about any dog that was having issues and especially a pit?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts