Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
...how much as an adult?

I've scoured the web, learned about the general growth curve of dogs and differences between large and small breeds. But there's not a lot of collected information outside of some specific breeds.

My dog is a mix (border collie and a few other things).

So I'm wondering --- has anyone else had a puppy that weighed this much at this age? And how big did it become?

There ought to be a website where people could enter this kind of info, and then others could compare. I'm thinking about making it if it doesn't exist.

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
...more than 7.9 lbs as an adult :p

I agree with Ayanla though...especially with mixed breed when you don't know the parents, it's hard to say. Even "part BC" if you didn't know the BC doesn't help a lot as they have a pretty big size range...though it's safe to say they are "medium" dogs in general.

I always heard that whatever they weigh at 16 weeks, double it an you'll have their adult weight. Well...we were told Kim was 16 weeks when we got her and she weighed about 12 lbs...and she now weights 52lbs LEAN...and she's also a 23.5" dog which is fairly tall for 52 lbs...for "large/giant" breeds this rule tends to be even farther off...

So yeah, good luck...enjoy the journey lol

·
Registered
79 Posts
When i adpoted Benny he was 10 weeks old and weight 20 pounds...hes now 8 months and weighs 65 pounds, your probley looking at a dog around 45-60 Depending on gender...

With Mixed breeds its virtually impossible to get a good range, most Mixed breeds IMO are mediums sized regardless of gender...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts