Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious what kind of the generalization "Pitt Bull" my 3.5 month old pup was. I'd like to know the general size to expect and for that, I'd need the breed of course. I was hopeful y'all could help me out :)

This is Zaida:

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Looks like an APBT or APBT mix to me…..def. not a SBT at all ....

To me (and most APBT people) there is no general PIT BULL ( one T) and SBT is not a PIT BULL…..the only PIT BULL is the American Pit Bull Terrier…..but you will learn this as you go along : )...I guess the more generally excepted term would be Bully Breed or for the old skool people...just bulldog

very cute pup! ....I would recommend getting on a APBT forum too ...I can pm you some good links

·
Registered
243 Posts
Beautiful girl. I'm agreeing with APBT. We see tons of various bullies at our shelter, and that's really the most common.

The nicest dogs I've ever met were APBTs, they have amazing potential. Take care to raise her correctly and you will have an amazing dog on your hands.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
FIRST of all it's Pit Bull 1 T not 2! That's a HUGE pet peeve of mine.

Without a pedigree no one call tell you what your dog is. You can assume it's a "Pit Bull mix" but Pit bull look a likes are very very common. Labs, boxers, bulldogs... all of them can easily look like a Pit Bull. Just call it a "pit bull" for a generalization of what you pup could be. You pup could get upwards of 60+lbs or as little as 30lbs. The APBT breed actually has this large or a range in weight, so without a pedigree, there's not really a way to tell you how big she'll grow.

Nice looking dog though :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
She is very vute whatever she is.I have a lab mix that i believe has some pitt bull in him but I am not sure.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
I agree w/ DM...with out papers...you wont know 100% for sure what she is.....she could be a lab/pit mix like another poster suggested

she could just be a run of the mill BYB APBT

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
i believe has some pitt bull in him but I am not sure.
PIT BULL! 1T not 2! P-I-T B-U-L-L

/is cranky today. Just got an message about a state wide ban in my state being introduced into our government.

·
Registered
632 Posts
with out any pedigree you will never know. I saw a lab once and could of swore it was a pit bull and i have had the pit bull breed for well over thirty years. Yours could be full or not pit at all. I have seen pits that look like pits and pits that i would bet my house on that they weren't. I have noticed that anybody with a pit looking dog, just calls it a pit(my pet peeve )

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
APBT id say. That doesn't mean she doesn't have any AST lines (or even SBT) can't know without a pedigree.

As for size Pits have a big range so simply knowing that won't tell you.

She is gorgeous no matter what

·
Registered
472 Posts
I agree w/ DM...with out papers...you wont know 100% for sure what she is.....she could be a lab/pit mix like another poster suggested

she could just be a run of the mill BYB APBT

Labs and Pit Bulls are both very common, so a Lab/Pit Bull mix is equally, if not more, common in shelters. :(

(I use "pit bull" only for the american pit bull terrier. like the other posters above have already said).

Pit Bulls are typically 30- ~60lb. Labradors, if she';s mixed with one, can be 60-90lb. So it's anyone's guess.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts