Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, this is my puppy Abby. She's a great dog but everyone always asks me if she is part pit bull. I kind of see it, but really hope she is not. I know pit bulls are great dogs when raised correctly, but all the negative assumptions are annoying. I am also considering moving out of the USA in the next couple years. I want to move to New Zealand, but they do not allow APBT mixes. Do you guys think she has it in her? Do you think the NZ government will notice? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Hard to tell for sure at this age but if i had to guess i would have to say yes there is part pit in her. Adorable dog for sure. I went through all the feelings you are when i got my boy bello. I was all but ready to get rid of him from the worries. now he is 2 and i would kill for him if necessary. Best dog ever!

·
Registered
714 Posts
i kinda see it. but i think you could get away with calling her maybe a lab/collie/shep mix maybe with some terrier.
her ears remind me of either a collie or terrier esp in that last picture.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot to mention, the humane society calls her a "Chow Mix" they guessed Chow Chow and German Shepherd mix. The only chow I see in her is her purple tongue, other than that i see german shepherd/lab/terrier

·
Registered
714 Posts
is her whole tongue purple/blue/black? granted in that last picture it does seem her whole tongue is colored.
if not, other breeds do have spotted tongues.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
You could always get a DNA test done :) If nothing else it would be interesting!

Doesn't work too well with APBT/AST/SBTs

He's still too young at this age to really tell what he's a mix of.

It's a shame Pit Bulls have the rep they have. My dog Nubs is the best dog I could ever ask for. And yes He is a Pit Bull.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Her entire tongue is purple. I hear blood DNA tests are accurate, but don't feel like spending yet another 100 dollars on her hah.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I was going to guess Shar-Pei and Shepherd..due to her ears, and forehead wrinkles. Pei's and Chow's are very closely related, which could be good reasoning for her purple tongue.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
I was going to guess Shar-Pei and Shepherd..due to her ears, and forehead wrinkles. Pei's and Chow's are very closely related, which could be good reasoning for her purple tongue.
I was actually thinking Pei mix as well. Her muzzle is also kind of reminiscent of the breed - stocky with that 'rounded' look to it.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Haha, absolutely on the muzzle...even the drooping lips are present. =] She's adorable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts