Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

The video is a little long but worth watching. I'll post the description of the youtube video, these are not my words:

Today on Glenn Beck's show, he had former Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell on to talk about what happened to him last week. You see it seems some dumb-ass punks were driving the Texas countryside, summarily executing dogs.

Marcus was at home, it was late at night and he was awake. He heard a gunshot outside, told his mom to stay inside, and when he went outside he saw a group of punks standing around his yellow lab named "Dasy," lying dead in the ditch. These punks had shot Dasy with a .357 and killed her. Dasy was very special to Marcus, because she served not only as his therapy dog, but her very name was an acronym for the members of his SEAL team who fought and died in Afghanistan - Danny, Axe, Southern Boy (Marcus) and Yankee.

Marcus chased these punks over four counties, and he nearly shot the driver. Finally the Rangers caught up with these punks in Huntsville, TX and the idiots in handcuffs were laughing about it. They said they would also kill Marcus. Do these ******bags not know about Marcus?

****head Alfonso Hernandez was charged with Cruelty to Animals and is facing up to two years in prison, and ****head #2, Michael Edmonds, is currently on the run.

If you have any information on Edmonds, please contact Sgt. Steven Jeter at the Huntsville, TX Ranger station at 936-435-0152. Please see my blog post for their pictures, and if you're in Texas, keep an eye out for these brutal bastards who executed this hero's dog.

If anyone ever shot my dog, I wouldn't have stopped even after hell froze over! What punks, and one of them is still out there!

My thoughts are with this poor hero who has already endured so much....:mad:

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Those two are a waste of skin!!....what a kind of person does that to someone else or animal.....they just have to be rotten on the inside......what a horrible thing to do to someone ...let alone someone who served our country :mad:

·
Registered
281 Posts
How could any one do such a thing! There are some seriously sick people out there! Thats why I am very hesitant to even let people touch my dog. Sick Sick Sick!

·
Registered
640 Posts
SICKENING................................. just sickening..... :mad: :(

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I couldn't help but tear up, then become very, very mad. :mad::mad:

Dasy obviously meant so much to Marcus, and you could tell in the interview. IMO, he was perfectly justified to blast those little s*hitheads but he restrained himself in a manner in which I could not, given the situation.

Hopefully justice will be served and those kids will have to pay the piper. And I hope that Marcus is able to come out of this tragedy okay. He's been through so much. :(

·
Registered
267 Posts
:mad:that poor guy... he shouldn't have "almost" shot the guy, he should have just done it! that's just freakin' sick.:(
I don't think so. Shooting the guy wouldn't bring the dog back to life. It would just result in the death of another being. Even if someone does something terrible like this, I think it's wrong to take the life of another being no matter what.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
:( That's so sad :(
the one guy "faces up to 2 yrs in prison" for animal cruelty, but if this case holds tru to most other animal cruelty crimes, he'll get basially just a slap on the wrist - about enough to make him an even angrier young punk than he already is now.
Course, maybe since the dogs owner is somewhat of a hero, & since the case is being publicized, maybe these guys will end up getting something.

·
Banned
7,942 Posts
As much as I would love the idea of shooting one or both of these jerks, that would only make them dead and the shooter in prison.

I would just like to see them both neutered.. and don't waste money on sterile procedure or anesthesia or post op antibiotics.. and THEN turn 'em loose in the prison population.

·
Registered
185 Posts
This is such a sad situation. You have to wonder how "kids" become so cold and mean like that. Dang idiots! This makes me so mad!

BUT, there's gotta be a but, what was Daisy doing outside alone at that hour? Why was she near a ditch? Was she roaming the countryside as well? Some of the responsibility has to go to the owner as well.

There's no reason she had to die at the hands of punk kids. I hope they find them and throw the book at them!

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
I look at it like this, the punks had a .357 in their hand and had just come onto the guys propety and killed his dog, shooting them would have probably been considered self-defense especially in TX. Sorry they wouldn't have left my property alive!

·
Banned
7,942 Posts
I look at it like this, the punks had a .357 in their hand and had just come onto the guys propety and killed his dog, shooting them would have probably been considered self-defense especially in TX. Sorry they wouldn't have left my property alive!
In NY they have to be in your house and threatening you with a fire arm. If you shoot 'em on your property, but not in your haouse, YOU go to jail..

Here the dog being shot would be a Felony under Buster's Law but a low level felony with little impact (tho more than it used be because it used to be a misdemeanor). Fact is, here in NY they would be in MORE trouble for shooting a fire arm less than 500 feet from a house, or having a gun with no permit.. and if they shot FROM the car that is a big No No... The gun would have given more trouble (ultimately) than the cruelty to the dog. Sad.

Of course, Carla, I am just pointing this out.. while I agree with you on an emotional level. Absolutely agree.

·
Registered
55 Posts
What's wrong with people? Seriously. Why are there people like this who kill animals for no reason?
Research shows a close link between people who hurt animals and people who hurt people.

I say this is the beginnings of a killer (human killer).

If only the punishment was harsher for animal-cruelty cases. But we have come a long way compared to years ago when animal-cruelty didn't get all the publicity it did.

This is such a sad situation. You have to wonder how "kids" become so cold and mean like that. Dang idiots! This makes me so mad!

BUT, there's gotta be a but, what was Daisy doing outside alone at that hour? Why was she near a ditch? Was she roaming the countryside as well? Some of the responsibility has to go to the owner as well.

There's no reason she had to die at the hands of punk kids. I hope they find them and throw the book at them!

It seems that an increasing number of teenaged boys (not trying to be sexist here) is committing a lot more animal cruelty. I wonder how this came about?

The mascot for my local human society - Houston Humane Society - is a dog that was rescued just in time by the humane officer. Two boys had tied her up to a tree, doused her with gasoline, and set her on fire. She suffered and I've been able to see her and pet her before. She has a patch that is thick and black going across her back where her burns were. Very sad.

And to think that this happened to someone who was willing to die for his country, it really makes these people question - I was willing to give my life up to save this punks? Seriously?

I really hope the sentence is a lot harsher given the situation - not to say that no dogs' life is not as important, but considering that this dog belonged to someone fighting for his country.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I don't think so. Shooting the guy wouldn't bring the dog back to life. It would just result in the death of another being. Even if someone does something terrible like this, I think it's wrong to take the life of another being no matter what.
I didn't mean a fatal shot. I meant more like an arm or leg wound. I never said that he should have killed them.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I second this. There is no way I would have let those ****faces off the property still breathing.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I was going to pass on this one, with my sometimes peculiar responses. But here goes.
We have had some shootings here, all just outside of town. Two miniature horses, were shoot, and some dogs, but one case where the persons dog was stolen and then returned after acouple days to the owners property and shot in the drive way, so the police determined. Almost every case it will be a male or males between 15 - 25 years of age, and never a female.
As I am getting older, I get these what if ideas, What if all the countries were ruled by women, women dominated, ( men were the weaker sex) would we have as many wars, would we have so many sick people in charge, and think killing is macho and fun? Ok, so we might have a few slappings or scratching going on occasionally.
Anyways not too long ago stealing some ones horse was a hanging offence! This is a very disappointing world we live in, and I feel it is going to get worst! :mad:

·
Banned
7,942 Posts
I could not let this go.. first thing in the Am in my InBox....

I was going to pass on this one, with my sometimes peculiar responses. But here goes.
We have had some shootings here, all just outside of town. Two miniature horses, were shoot, and some dogs, but one case where the persons dog was stolen and then returned after acouple days to the owners property and shot in the drive way, so the police determined. Almost every case it will be a male or males between 15 - 25 years of age, and never a female.
Yes. That is the typical profile. It is not 100% always young males, but it is more frequently. I am not a psychologist and I don't know why. I do find it sad and very much cowardly acts. I have no use for cowards. None at all.

As I am getting older, I get these what if ideas, What if all the countries were ruled by women, women dominated, ( men were the weaker sex)
WHAT??? The world ISN'T run by Women? I thought you were married??? Men ARE the weaker sex.... but you need to be married longer to really know this.... We just LET you THINK you run things. It takes the spotlight off us because as we all know.. you guys get the glory while we ladies do the work.

Beyond that, ANY woman knows the way to get a man to do anything is to create the idea, plant the seed of the idea in his mind, and then let him think it is HIS idea. My goodness. Men are merely figureheads..... Been this way from the Beginning... (now the proverbial cat is out of the bag I am in trouble).

would we have as many wars, would we have so many sick people in charge, and think killing is macho and fun? :
In all seriousness I am not sure from an "in charge" standpoint it would make a difference. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Some of my most ruthless, cruel and ill willed bosses who had power were women. I also had some really great ones too.

Ok, so we might have a few slappings or scratching going on occasionally.
Anyways not too long ago stealing some ones horse was a hanging offence! This is a very disappointing world we live in, and I feel it is going to get worst! :mad:
Slapping and scratching are as much out of control responses as any other form of violence and unacceptable as well.

In the case here, where people have elected to shoot a dog because they could, the act is criminal and cowardly.

As we get older and see more, it seems the world is more and more filled with things like this. But, in all reality is it? Or is it just more reported? It used to be common practice to drown puppies and kittens new born and it was accepted practice. It no longer is (thankfully).

It used to be common and acceptable practice to hit a dog for misbehaving. It no longer is and if you are seen doing it you may be turned in to animal control.

It used to be acceptable to spank a child in public for misbehavior. It no longer is and you can end up with Child Protective services all over you for doing it.

While I would hope that NO one would support these practices, there are still those who use them all.. and there are still long and drawn out arguments (some here on the DF) as to whether it is acceptable to use the second one or the third one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts