Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I should share shortly as I don't have whole lot to share yet. Nevertheless, my son and I are watching Roxanne the 4 year old American Eskimo/Yorkie mix I inherited from my mother, become a calmer girl at home by following the NILIF as shown in the forum sticky. She is also already consistently sitting already for which I've been reinforcing with treats, affection, letting her go with me in my car a bit more often. When we go on walks around our neighborhood she is still a bit fearful when a dog barks, when she sees large dogs, or hears a loud noise. I'm also hoping to enroll her in some classes as soon as I get some family things straitened out.

Nevertheless, considering my inexperience with positive reinforcement type training without the use of force I believe in spite of me Roxanne is doing very well. So I want to thank everyone who has shared information with me from this forum.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Congrats!
Good for you for doing your research and finding a way to help Roxanne with her behavioral issues.

Also on another note, you'll have to share some pictures with us. I'm having trouble imaging what an Eskie/Yorkie combo would look like lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts