Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Looks like an Aussie to me. Aussies can have tails or be born with a natural bobtail. In the US the tailed Aussies are traditionally docked.

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Amanda Seyfried couldn't look happier, meeting up with friends for lunch in L.A. with her dog Finn in tow. The Red Riding Hood starlet has said she is obsessed with her Australian Shepherd.
From here. :) Also mentioned on some other sites, like this one and this one:

Soon after the 25-year-old purchased Finn as a puppy in February last year, she expressed her love for the canine.
'I am a new mum to a little Aussie shepherd with a big heart called Finn. He is a little guy with a big heart. He is the love of my life.
'He is going to be big — he is going to be a 50-pounder and I won’t be able to pick him up, but that’s fine.'

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Her dog, Finn, looks like a twin of my dog, Skye, who is a female red tricolor border collie. Here is Skye at 6 months old. She is 11 months old now. She looks the same as her pic, except she's now about 10 pounds larger and has a richer, fuller coat and bushier tail. Here's the pic of Skye:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/8274072642/in/photostream
Honestly, I don't really see any resemblance between your dog and Amanda Seyfried's dog. However Border Collies and Aussies can sometimes be very difficult to distinguish from each other physically anyways. Your dog has a much fuller and, frankly, healthier looking coat than her dog and your dog also has a different head structure and seems to be larger boned overall.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Iam sure thats an australian dog. because i have an australian kelpie nd it looks exactly the same like familys lol. They are awsome dogs to own very bright, smart nd loyal to owners great pick.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am sure thats an australian dog. because i have an australian kelpie nd it looks exactly the same like familys lol. They are awsome dogs to own very bright, smart nd loyal to owners great pick.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I dont seem why it woudnt they are both medium breed dogs. my kelpie is a pure kelpie i actually breed the parents and out of the whole littar three that looked like that . Its was a cute especially when it was a pup. cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts