Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been an on going problem for about 3 years. A long time ago I took my dog to the vet because she would not stop itching her ears. They said it was, well I can't remember, but I think it was an infection, I am not sure though. They gave me some medicine to fix it and I can't remember the name. They gave me a wash to also use in addition to the medicine the wash is called Vet solution ear cleansing solution. I still use the wash however I do not use the medicine anymore. I thought her only ear that was a problem was her right however I recently found out I am wrong, her left is also a problem. When I sue the wash I put it on a cotton swab and go in her ear and rub it around removing the brown stuff. This night I pulled it out of her left ear and instead it had blood on it. I immediately stopped after I saw blood. This is the first time it happened so I am not too worried. Also keep in mind it has been working pretty well. After the wash is sued she itches yet. If things get worse I will update this thread. Am I handling the situation properly? I dont trust the vet I want a second opinion.

Thanx to those who give useful advice.

·
Registered
101 Posts
We have a gsd with high maintenance ears and that vet solutions wash is awesome!We find that cleaning his ears only every couple of days works great,but we also use a couple of drops of an ear cleaning drop that I found at Wal-mart.Its all natural and is wonderful stuff.As far as blood on the swab...if it happens again I'd be calling the vet at least.We dont use a swab cause the gsd moves too much, we just twist up a paper towel but then again his ears are big!lol

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Did the vet say anything about what could be attributing to your dogs ear problems? What are you feeding?

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
How often do you clean your dog's ears? On a regular basis, I mean... not when she has infections.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts