Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took Bella last week to be groomed, same groomer I have always used. Bella has always looked wonderful when I pick her up and maybe I have just gotten spoiled on that. However, last week was different.

I noticed once I got her home that her hair on her head was a little lop sided, not real bad, but lop sided. As I got to looking at her I began to realize that the hair on her body is VERY uneven. She has places on one of her hips, down one of her legs and on her back that are aprx 1" taller than the rest of her hair and one her legs doesn't look like it was cut at all. She looks really bad.:(

Well, I seen my groomer Sunday (she and I are friends) and I asked her if the new girl at her shop was who cut Bella and she said yes, that she had started her but the other girl finished her and asked me why I was asking and I told her that Bella just didn't look as good as she usually does. She offered to do her over and at first I said no. I mean, it is not like I show her or anything, she is just my baby.

But now, the more I look at her, the more I can't stand it. She looks terrible. I hate to take her back, but I pay a pretty penny to have her groomed and I like her to look nice. Am I being too picky? Should I just suck it up and get over it?:confused:

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I think I would take her back. It drives me nuts looking at the uneven spots on Zoey.. I'm always nit-picking at her.. but I groom her myself so it's pretty easy to fix the stuff I see.. If I were the groomer I would definitely want you to bring her back to be fixed, rather than be unhappy with her cut for the next month or so..

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
If you payed for a cut, I think you deserve to have a good cut, it's what your payed for regardless if you are being picky or not, which in my opinion, your not being picky at all.

If the hair is not cut or lopsided, I think you deserve to take her back and get it fixed.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Oh that would drive me nuts! Like getting my hair cut unevenly, or one of my kids - you KNOW it's uneven even tho no one else may notice it.
I'd call & set up a time you could take her back in to have it evened out.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually just got off the phone with her and I am taking Bella back in the morning. I just couldn't stand it any longer! Bella is an attention hog and I don't want people seeing her looking like I don't take excellent care of her and her grooming needs.

My groomer was real nice about it and said that it would make her crazy too. She said she was going to call me in the morning and insist that I brought her back in anyways. If I was use to seeing Bella with a bad hair cut it would be one thing, but I'm not. My groomer is the one that has me spoiled on my dog looking great!! She owns 4 standard poodles so she is very neurotic about how the poodles are cut. I am sure she wouldn't have let Bella leave like she is if she would have realized it.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Take her back...

You pay good money to get your dog groomed, and you deserve to have her look PERFECT each time. I know there are some owners who are neurotic about how their dogs look, which does drive groomer's nuts, but if a dog just looks plain bad, then it really is the groomer's responsibility to fix it, at little to no cost to the owner. ;)

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
She owns 4 standard poodles so she is very neurotic about how the poodles are cut.
ROFL Me, too! I got SO picky that I ended up learning to do it myself because it drove me nuts - topknots not right, bracelets too high off the feet, and so on. It didn't help that I had many friends who show their Standard Poodles, so my groomer had to meet some pretty high standards! LOL

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ROFL Me, too! I got SO picky that I ended up learning to do it myself because it drove me nuts - topknots not right, bracelets too high off the feet, and so on. It didn't help that I had many friends who show their Standard Poodles, so my groomer had to meet some pretty high standards! LOL
Well Poodleholic, you would just die if you could see Bella! This is the worst cut you can even imagine!! I tried to take pictures of her to post, but it i hard to tell how bad it really is on the pictures. Bella was suppose to be going to be regroomed yesturday but I had an emergency with one of my cats and spent the day at the vet. Now I have to look at her until Monday with her gapped up hair and lop sided top notch:mad:!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
lol i tried grooming my mini schnauzer and messed up so much i couldnt handle it so i ended up shaveing him.... dont worry it grew back and he went to a professioal and looks great. but while he was shaven i couldnt handle it lol. oh well no matter what his fur looks like i will always love him

1 - 10 of 10 Posts