Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I got my puppy without AKC papers, pedigree and that stuff. I just fell in love when I saw her. I've been told she's pure golden, and I am so curious to hear your opinion. ( we are 3mo)
And the end of the day, I love her to the moon and back, but I think it's good to know in which family she belongs and if I was deceived. (P.s I was lied about AKC and pedigre)
Thank you.
IMG_20210219_214834_864.jpg 20210222_101550.jpg
IMG_20210219_214834_864.jpg
20210222_101550.jpg
IMG_20210219_214837_282.jpg

·
Super Moderator
12,056 Posts
Could be all golden. Could also be a golden/lab mix (like some great dogs I've known.)

The Embark DNA test give you some pretty reliable information about genetic makeup and health markers. It's not cheap, but watch for sales, which happen pretty frequently. If you register on their website, you'll hear about any sales.

Disclaimer: I absolutely suck at breed guesses, which is possibly why I've bought five Embark test kits (and one Wisdom Panel) over the past few years.

·
Super Moderator
2,219 Posts
I'm inclined to say lab/golden just because she seems to have shorter hair than most golden puppies I've known, but there's a lot of variability in the breed, especially if you look at field/hunting line goldens vs. show line. She's darling whatever she is! I agree that a DNA test is probably the closest you're going to get to knowing exactly what's in her - they're not 100% accurate but the big, reputable brands are getting pretty good, with Embark being right up there as the best one I know of.

·
Super Moderator
12,056 Posts
There is also this unwritten law that ANY mixed breed dog must be part lab.

Labs are both popular and promiscuous. ;)

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I would be doubtful of her being a purebred Golden. Even a field/sport line Golden pup would have more floof than what she has. I'd believe Golden x Labrador, though.

Whatever she is, she's very pretty.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
There is also this unwritten law that ANY mixed breed dog must be part lab.

Labs are both popular and promiscuous. ;)
Or German Shepherd.. they "get around..."

I too think Lab/Golden cross but it does not matter. Looks like a super nice puppy!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts