Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So. We've had these dogs for their whole lives. They were born on my sister's bed...

(My mom's friend gave us a pregnant Chihuahua and we didn't know she was pregnant, there was a huge fight over the puppies, but we got two of the puppies in the end and don't worry, they all went to good loving homes...)

Bryan, our white, big, apple-headed Chihuahua whose male, he's five years old and has gotten fixed already- he's mean to his litter-mate/brother George.

George, a skinny, nervous, dear-headed Chihuahua whose male, he's five years old, he's Bryan's litter-mate, and he constantly gets bullied I think by Bryan.

Then there's Copper our old mutt who we don't know what he is, he's probably Collie or something but he's 15 o_O

So, yeah, Copper actually stays out of Bryan and George's way most of the time unless he really wants to play and is excited, but they don't get bothered by him, so he's not the problem.

What's the problem is that we think that Bryan is the alpha male.

My mom said that 'there can be a human alpha male in a dog pack yeah, but there has to be a dog alpha male as well.'

I don't know if this is true or not, but even if it is, when the dogs are being the alpha male to the point where it's being unhealthy... yeah.

George is a nervous little dog, he's super skinny too. The other day my mom was away on a trip and he threw up three times my dad said.

My dad thinks that he's so skinny because he's throwing up a lot. I think he's skinny because Bryan is bullying him?

I don't know what it is. Can someone please help me?

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
In questions of health, a vet is the first person to ask. George may be allergic to the food he's eating, he may have digestive issues, you won't know without asking the vet.

As for "alpha", not so much. Alpha theory has been debunked for a long time. It sounds like Bryan bullies George, that's not Bryan being alpha, that's Bryan being a bully. You need to put a stop to it. Keep Bryan and George separated unless you are actively supervising, and when Bryan bullies George, Bryan gets a time out, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts