Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning Allie had a visit to the vet. She had her kennel cough thing up the nose (need to have it to attend daycare and obedience classes), a full physical, an in office 4 test to check for heartworms and some diseases from ticks (like anaplasmosis which she had when we got her). We also decided to do blood work on her. We did a full blood count, a thyroid check and a so-many chemical blood work thing.

She is completely healthy:) Woohoo!!! No re-occurrence of the anaplasmosis, no liver or kidney damage from the long term use of doxy (she was on it for 2 months at a very high dose to get rid of the anaplasmosis). She has some arthritis starting her back left knee. Her hips seem to be pretty good as far as range of motion and strength. Her blood work all came back completely normal, she has a high red blood cell count which isn't anything to worry about. My vet said that they see that a lot in greyhounds so maybe Allie does have greyhound in her (her build is a bit like one and she can do the double suspension gallop). No heartworms, thyroid is right in the middle range of normal.

We got some synovi joint supplement and flea/tick stuff and heartworm stuff. And we bought her a new "monkey" (stuffed animal toy) because she was a good girl at the vet.

When we got there, there was a dog inside so we waited outside. When the dog came out she didn't bark or flip out or anything. We had backed up about 20 feet away or so from the door; and did the "look" game when the dog came out. She likes that game a lot. I had deli meat with me so she was really into it, lol. It was a very positive experience for Julie and I. When we got Allie she was very sick and extremely reactive on leash to, well, everything that moved. Today we found out she was completely healthy and she did not react negatively to another dog even though she was in a stressful situation (a vet visit).

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Woohooo for Allie! That is so great. Not only healthy but is non-reactive to the other dog. She has come a long way...thanks to you and your family. It never ceases to amaze me how so many dogs can come out of a bad situation and be so loving and forgiving to humans. You are a lucky family to have Allie in your life. Keep up the good work. ;)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Glad all is well with Allie and I am glad to hear she wasn't reactive with the other dog as well that is a good sign! Great! Good luck!

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Congratulations on Allie's wonderful vet visit. :D

My dogs are due to go for there annual checkups soon...UGH!!! :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts