Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

A little over a week ago my dog Mia was stung by a bee and had a pretty severe allergic reaction (pale gums and vomiting). We rushed her to the ER and luckily she is ok now!

Our vet recommended doing immunotherapy (aka allergy shots) to lessen her reactions. To my knowledge they would inject her with small amounts of the venom frequently in hopes that she builds up an immunity to stings.

Has anyone done immunotherapy or allergy shots on their dogs? Has it worked well for your dog? Thank you! I appreciate any feedback or advice :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I’m in the same situation so I can’t really help. My new puppy went into shock last week after stepping on a bee. She didn’t even Yelp so I had no idea what was going on when she got sick. Hope you get some more replies. Does your dog tolerate the booties?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
12,060 Posts
Original poster hasn't been here for 7 months, so I'm closing this thread. Please start a new one with any concerns or questions. You'll have a much better chance of getting some responses.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top