Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! So I have a question (yes we already saw the vet and have a prescription for her allergy issue) . I have a 8 going on 9 month old Pembroke Welsh Corgi, She has allergies. I have known this since i first took her to the vet for some icky eye gunky and hives on her tummy when she was around 3 months old. She seemed to break out whenever she had long seedy grass touching her tummy. Some children's benedryl took care of that and she had no problems since summer has been over. However, recently, she started getting that icky eye goop again its usually a white to light yellow (just like before) I took her to the vet yesterday and he gave me a prescription to some eye drops that he thinks will help, I just got them today and already her eyes seem better, she did squint a little bit with her right eye but i assume it was because the drops....My question is , It is February now and freezing cold outside, with snow all over, what could she be allergic to? Its surely not grass this time! And does anyone else have a Corgi with allergies? I am trying to rule things out. Its only her eyes that are affected, so I'm thinking maybe dust? or some sort of other indoor allergy? Does anyone else's dog have indoor allergies? Any input is much appreciated, I have never had a dog of my own before so I'm trying to learn about this, I also have never had any animal that had allergies.
Thank you much! - Ophelia's mom

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
One of our dogs was allergic to lamb and wool and we had wool carpet-- we had to remove it-- we finally had him allergy tested-- he had so many allergies, and if you take away the triggers, you can manage your dog without meds....

·
Registered
409 Posts
Kibble causes my pup to get gooky eye discharge besides other things like dull coat, smelly poop, vomiting etc
Switched to raw and there is no eye discharge period...just saying....you are what you eat goes for our dogs, too....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the replies! I will look into both things , I probably am going to have her allergy tested too at some point. Thanks again :) - Ophelia's mom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts