Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Good job Shaina. You must have been a clicking fool at that show with all the pics you took.
Thanks, Inga :)

The funny thing is even with all those pics there were many breeds I didn't catch...I'm really really disappointed I missed getting a pic of the Ibizan Hound...but there was only one and he was in and out of the ring in a flash, and I was on the wrong side of the building at the time.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks for not dissing the ACD's like they do on TV sometimes.

Although I have to say the three pictured do not look all that Snazzy to me. Of course they seem to be a regionally popular breed.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. All of these ACDs are excellent representatives of breed type and function. However, at the moment they are all blowing/have blown their coats.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
How can you tell by the picture that was taken (not knocking you Shaina, you know what I mean)? The dogs weren't anywhere near set up, the angles were off, nobody was even free stacking :p

It was a nice candid shot taken by Shaina at a show to get an all around look at the breeds in attendance.

I know I'd be upset if someone called my GSDs bad OR good by a random shot taken by a spectator at a show because you don't know if the dogs aren't set up.

Heck, if Shaina had taken a shot of Delphi when I didn't have her set up right, or had freestacked her, she'd look like crap x.x (Delphi likes to do weird things with her body...).

Let me freestack her or hardstack her, and Shaina would get a nice balanced picture.

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
How can you tell by the picture that was taken (not knocking you Shaina, you know what I mean)? The dogs weren't anywhere near set up, the angles were off, nobody was even free stacking :p

It was a nice candid shot taken by Shaina at a show to get an all around look at the breeds in attendance.
No offense taken. In addition to what Xeph said, the pictures are embarrassingly grainy due to having to raise the ISO in an attempt to somewhat reduce blur due to low lighting (my dear little P&S doesn't take raised ISOs well) and zooming in...

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
See! The lady knows what she's talking about! I'm also glad she knows what I meant and didn't think I was knocking her photography (especially since you got some really nice shots...I suck at photography).

·
Registered
154 Posts

I know I'd be upset if someone called my GSDs bad OR good by a random shot taken by a spectator at a show because you don't know if the dogs aren't set up.

Heck, if Shaina had taken a shot of Delphi when I didn't have her set up right, or had freestacked her, she'd look like crap x.x (Delphi likes to do weird things with her body...).

Let me freestack her or hardstack her, and Shaina would get a nice balanced picture.

Did I forget to mention that I am the handler in the middle of the pic?

And yes, I realize it's a random shot taken at a dog show. As a matter of fact, I enjoyed looking at all of the pics.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Then it would seem Bandit just disagrees. I'm not much for ACD's myself...but I don't think I've met a "real" one yet (AKA, one that doesn't have a freakout at the drop of a hat). But then, I have a hard time meeting "real" GSDs these days too >.<

·
Registered
154 Posts
Then it would seem Bandit just disagrees. I'm not much for ACD's myself...but I don't think I've met a "real" one yet (AKA, one that doesn't have a freakout at the drop of a hat). But then, I have a hard time meeting "real" GSDs these days too >.<

And I am just stating facts.

And I agree, there are TOO many ACDs that freak...that is NOT correct temperament.

Also agree w/the GSD statement.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Actually, the photos were pretty good. I enjoyed looking thru them.

I believe the photo of us was on Sunday...(desperately trying to remember what I wore that day!)

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
LMAO - Keechack, down here, 35 is a SMALL entry for Aussies- I almost never see fewer than 25! It's always split by color!
35 Aussies is a breeze. We push 45 + a lot of the time. And we are ALWAYS split up by color.

That's a cute little smooth collie, I wonder who it was. Like it overall.

And in Irish Setters I see BIS/BISS BAD BOY at the end of the line. He's come down to TX before and is quite nice, a little coarse, but not bad.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts