Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well every year in central Illinois there's a big AKC conformation/rally/obedience show...since such a thing is rare in the prairie, people travel to see it. I knew several people exhibiting there (conformation and performance) so I made my way over (yes this is the same same show Xeph is haunting this weekend).

I attempted to take pics but the conformations rings were indoors so...well I did the best I could with what I had lol.

Enjoy!

Porties:

Lhasos:

Danes:

*more*

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rotties:

Dobes (they get two...I'm so predictable):

Pugs:

*more*

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Belgian Sheepdogs:

Handler's Worst Nightmare (lol):

Shar Pei:

*more*

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bag-guarding Mastiff:

Spaniel...CKC?

Golden:

Beauceron:

*more*

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Long-haired Doxie:

Rhodies (for Reno):

English Bulldog:

Border Terriers:

*more still*

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Boxer:

Bloodhound:

Weims and Gordies:

Chihuahua-in-a-crate:

*more*

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dal:

Sibes:

Somewhere in there my camera battery started flashing at me so I had to conserve to get these last two...

Flatcoats:

I took a ton of Terv and GSD pics but unfortunately they didn't turn out at all...(even worse than some of these lol)

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
*Bonus Round*

Saw these...made me think of certain members of this forum so I had to take a quick pic lol

Thanks for looking :)

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Great pictures Shaina. Thank you for the Rhodie shots. :D

I love the Bassett butts... too cute.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Thanks for sharing such awesome pics!

That Great Dane looks to be in nice shape!!!!! Wow
AmStaff is cute
Belgian Groenendael pretty
Shar Pei not too wrinkly, that is nice.
Beauceron another I really like, great pic
I don't like English Bulldogs at all, but that one is rather nice, don't know why. Something about him/her. Cute.
Border Terriers sweet

Too bad about the Terv pics. Did you see any Malinois?

Many of the others lovely as well.

I would have just liked to see Pit Bull Terrier, Corso and Staffy.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Great pics Shaina!! I throughly enjoyed seeing this..Kept my head from exploding if you know what I mean.......

And Henrietta out there selling herself like that!:eek: what a hoochy.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Great pictures! I'm so jealous and would love to go to a show like this. When I get back to the states I'm going to have to go sometime.

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Any time Reno :)

V -- sorry to shock you concerning Henrietta...it's always the ones you never suspect, right? :p

Too bad about the Terv pics. Did you see any Malinois?

Many of the others lovely as well.

I would have just liked to see Pit Bull Terrier, Corso and Staffy.
There were only a few Malinois -- unfortunately I missed their actual show because I was distracted by the Dobes (who were between the Mals and the door, plus I get to play Kim's Mal BF regularly but don't get to play with Dobes very often). And once out of the ring...well they are Malinois, they weren't exactly standing still for dim-lighting pics lol

There was a Staffy pic, but since it was AKC there weren't any APBTs or Cane Corsos to attempt to photograph.

I'll upload the best one of the Terv pics once my camera battery recharges.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Any time Reno :)

V -- sorry to shock you concerning Henrietta...it's always the ones you never suspect, right? :p

There were only a few Malinois -- unfortunately I missed their actual show because I was distracted by the Dobes (who were between the Mals and the door, plus I get to play Kim's Mal BF regularly but don't get to play with Dobes very often). And once out of the ring...well they are Malinois, they weren't exactly standing still for dim-lighting pics lol

There was a Staffy pic, but since it was AKC there weren't any APBTs or Cane Corsos to attempt to photograph.
Oh yes, sorry I know they are not AKC. I would just love to see some of course.

I saw that pic, was an AmStaff. Staffy have natural ears. That was a very nice AmStaff though, not over done nor over weight! Surprised and impressed there. What did it get (if you know) "Best of' - I can't read the whole thing.

Too bad about the Mals, one way or another I typically miss them as well. :(

·
Registered
343 Posts
Oh, I just loved your pictures! I really loved that mastiff's face as he "guarded" the bag! What a cutie!!!!

Of course, I MUST say a BIG thanks for getting the sammies. Those Akita Inus are just stunning, too!! I did look heavily at akitas before I chose sams, but I just wasn't sure I could handle the temperment of an akita.

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Oh yes, sorry I know they are not AKC. I would just love to see some of course.

I saw that pic, was an AmStaff. Staffy have natural ears. That was a very nice AmStaff though, not over done nor over weight! Surprised and impressed there. What did it get (if you know) "Best of' - I can't read the whole thing.

Too bad about the Mals, one way or another I typically miss them as well. :(
That dog won Best of Winners.

And sorry...didn't know the difference between AmStaffs and Staffies...thanks :)

Oh, I just loved your pictures! I really loved that mastiff's face as he "guarded" the bag! What a cutie!!!!

Of course, I MUST say a BIG thanks for getting the sammies. Those Akita Inus are just stunning, too!! I did look heavily at akitas before I chose sams, but I just wasn't sure I could handle the temperment of an akita.
Yeah that Mastiff cracked me up too lol

And you're welcome...I was actually kind of thinking of specific forum people when I took pics of some of the breeds, lol...and I thought of you when I tried to get pics of the Sammy Grin :)

And I am also an Akita fan...spent too many years around them to be anything else :). My favorite Akita, Bo, was a black brindle...so I'm always disappointed when I go to shows and they are almost all pinto variations lol

·
Registered
343 Posts
OoOo....a dark brindle akita **drools** Such a cool breed.

I always think that dog shows are just full of dog-insane people who spend hours and hours trying to get that last hair in place before they have to enter the ring where they show for 2 minutes!!!! LOL!!!

BTW- Love Webster's ears!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts