Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
But after a few posts, it has become obvious that most here are living in the dark ages, but hey, if you want to believe in fairy tales thats ok. You keep on vaccinating your pets every year, and make sure you protect them from Lyme and Corona to. And while you're at it, maybe they should be vaccinated every month just to be sure they are protected, after all, you can't be too careful.
Hyperbolic, much? Many of us here vaccinate our dogs only every three years. Some of us only give the puppy series and then a booster at one year. Some titer and only vaccinate when necessary. My vet doesn't recommend vaccinating every year anymore, and I know she's not alone.

As far as your quote goes, I did not state that a killed rabies virus would give a dog rabies. I said mistakes get made, and refered to the "cutter incident" where live polio virus was used instead of killed virus. This "accident" cost alot of children their health, and in some cases, their lives. Do you think for one minute this couldn't happen with a batch of rabies vaccine? Do you think they check each batch to make sure the virus is killed?
Yes. As Lindbert said in the other thread:

Hey.. Guess what I do for a living.. I work in a viral vaccine manufacturing facility! I can tell you with 100% certainty that there is NO chance of a lot of vaccine making it out of any plant without being completely inactivated today. The checks and balance incorporated in every step of the process assure that such a gross oversight will NOT occur. It may have happened in the 1950s but today it is absolutely impossible.
I can assure you that every single lot of ANY viral vaccine that is produced in the US or produced for consumption in the US goes through a multi-step validation process that guarantees that every single dose of the vaccine is at the correct potency and/or is completely inactivated. Like I said before.. with modern GMP practices there is no way that any vaccine can leave the plant without being completely inactivated.
Perhaps this board is not ready for the truth.
If by that you mean we won't buy what you're selling without questioning you and asking for proof, then sure, we're "not ready for the truth."

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
[
Well, lets see... I've been here for two days and have already been called a crackpot, an idiot, and have been asked what I'm smoking/drinking..

When I first came here and saw the post on vaccines- Dodds and Schultz, I thought the people here must be ahead of the curve. They really seem to know about vaccines.

But after a few posts, it has become obvious that most here are living in the dark ages, but hey, if you want to believe in fairy tales thats ok. You keep on vaccinating your pets every year, and make sure you protect them from Lyme and Corona to. And while you're at it, maybe they should be vaccinated every month just to be sure they are protected, after all, you can't be too careful...
If you actually read my posts (which I must assume since you are responding to me), you would have noted that I don't vaccinate every year, and don't ever vaccinate for non-core diseases. In fact, I titer for parvo and distemper, and haven't had to vaccinate an adult dog yet. I do rabies every three years as required by law.

[
As far as your quote goes, I did not state that a killed rabies virus would give a dog rabies...

This is a direct quote of what you said in your first post on the subject:
"I hate to tell you this, but a rabies shot can give a dog rabies" Backpedalling doesn't work very well here. Too easy to find the actual statement. Still waiting for you to show proof of what you stated.

I am the other side of the coin. I am the monkey in the wrench. I have different views than most, however, I can disagree with someone without name calling or sarcasm.

Perhaps this board is not ready for the truth.
Actually, I think the saying you are seeking is "a monkey wrench in the works" (or if you're a Brit "a spanner in the works") But nope. You're just a koolade drinker of a different color. Just because people come to another conclusion from the same evidence doesn't mean they are wrong, or they are "not ready for the truth". It just means they don't agree with you.

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
We are brainwashed into thinking vaccines save lives, however, they are neither safe nor effective
Safety can be argued. I choose to think that minimal vaccination is safer than the diseases, you choose to think that the disease is less of a risk than the vaccine. Whatever floats your boat.

But I don't know how you can say they aren't effective (the core vaccines anyway, not the more ineffective types like bordetella). I don't need studies. . .my vaccinated dogs didn't get Parvo, and my neighbor's unvaccinated dog did. In countries with rampant rabies, vaccinated dogs don't get it, unvaccinated dogs do. Back before the Distemper vaccine came out, a large percentage of puppies died from it, and the survivors frequently had permanent neurological damage. Now that a vaccine is readily available, Distemper is fairly rare. In countries where human vaccines aren't as available, a lot of children (adults too, but mostly babies) die from tetanus. In countries with ready access to vaccine, almost nobody dies from tetanus. In fact, Uganda was able to practically eliminate tetanus as a neonatal mortality factor, through a concetrated vaccination effort. I'm not really sure what else can be said about efficacy.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
The following is a short youtube video featuring veterinarian Dr. patricia Jordan, speaking on vaccination.

She has more degrees than a thermometer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5J-6MZyeH8
She doesn't have more degrees than my vet. I don't see her claiming that vaccination causes rabies (the one statement you've been challenged on) and the vet she claims as a mentor makes a differentiation between vaccination and over-vaccination.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Dr Patricia Jordan's response on the current distemper and the new parvo strain that are being found in VACCINATED dogs
by Pet Vaccine Education on Monday, May 10, 2010 at 4:07pm.Dr Patricia Jordan's email to Dr Jeannie Thomason

Using the one vaccine at 16 weeks of age is not now according to Dr. Dodds what Dr. Ron Schultz is advocating even in his minimal ...vaccine protocol and these are the reasons....................

The vaccine schedule of 9/12/16 weeks is advocated over the 16 week only, well it was always a consideration for pups with more exposure risks at an early stage. However, Dr Dodds stated that even "properly vaccinated" dogs are still being infected and are dying......so much for the vaccine.

What I have to wonder is about these genetically engineered vaccines and if they are responsible. Appears Dr. Ron Schultz is working on this. Gene sequencing should allow us to also find the origin of the problem viruses and I certainly won't be surprised to see it lead to the vaccines in use.

Vaccines keep the disease in play.

I certainly will not be surprised if the chimera viruses turn out to be reverting reshuffling,recombining or whatever.

I just hope we learn the truth and the truth behind the part the vaccines play in distributing disease, beyond the immune system disruption and disregulation that we already are aware of.
I have no idea what you are trying to say in the first sentence (too many words? Too few words? Wrong words? but I am familiar with Dr. Dodds vaccination protocol and it doesn't start vaccination at 16 weeks. While vaccination CAN fail, it does reduce clinical disease. And Parvo has gone from killing great numbers of dogs to killing a few who were unvaccinated or too young to be fully vaccinated. Distemper is no longer the deadly danger it once was, because most dogs in our country are now vaccinated. And the dogs who are vaccinated actually protect those whose owners choose alternatives. (Personally, I'm not going to assume that because I have four generations of raw fed, unvaccinated dogs that my dogs are less likely to get sick than anyone else's dog) Nobody is discounting reduced vaccination protocols (many of us believe in them, and go to vets who use them). The only objections have been to crazy claims about plots to intentionally expose wild animals to disease so the drug companies can sell more vaccine, and a to-yet unsubstaniated claim that rabies vaccination gives dogs rabies.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Curriculum Vitae
Patricia Monahan Jordan, DVM
Clue bucket: workshops, reiki attunement, continuing education units (required for many professionals to maintain their credentials) and getting a letter to the editor published do not "degrees" make.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.