Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Banned
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I am starting this thread just to post pictures of the puppies every few days and see if people see a difference in size etc. I know I won't notice much because I am with them everyday.

Here is a picture from day 1 just to compare..

And now it is day 5.

The smallest Pup, Called Brown is now the second smallest. She is the first one to double in weight. And here she is!

The biggest pup, Green is now nearly to big for the bowl!

The smallest is now Pink. She is only a tiny bit smaller than brown though. Here is pink and green together.

Tonguee

Aww he is so cute! I think I will keep this one!

And a little video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtSdmb8Io5g

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Some of them look brownish. Do they look like that in real life? Against Coco they look black, though. I wonder what color chocolates are when they're born?

·
Banned
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some of them look brownish. Do they look like that in real life? Against Coco they look black, though. I wonder what color chocolates are when they're born?
They look black..Some look dark brown in the light. I have seen videos on youtube of Chocolates born brown. But sometimes I guess they change colour. Hopefully they do XD

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Is it just the lighting, or are a few of the pups chocolate? The two top puppies in the puppy pile picture. The two nose to nose?

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
They look black..Some look dark brown in the light. I have seen videos on youtube of Chocolates born brown. But sometimes I guess they change colour. Hopefully they do XD
The first time I had a red (same as chocolate, different bred) I was like "what color is that" as it looked like a slightly dingy shade of black. You should be able to tell by nose pigment. If their noses are black they are black. If they are dark brown they are chocolate.

·
Banned
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is no light in the kitchen only the light from outside. The two pups on my legs were beside the window so it could be the light.

Looking at them against Coco they look pure black but some of them are a little lighter.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
I cant stand it! They're so CUTE!

They look all black to me. Could just be the lighting. Chocolates are the same color when they're born that they are later. When blacks blow their coats or lose hair, the loose hair can look brownish, but I think it's the lighting.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Absolutely adorable little things! They look much bigger on the scale now. That is where I see the difference. I also see a touch of brown to a couple of them. Good job with them! :) It brings back memories when I see the little colored strings! Awwwwe! My Rough Collie had 13 pups in one litter in 1972 and I was 15 years old. I learned quite young too......I was called away from a dinner in a restaurant with my first boyfriend to have to come home because my dog was having pups! I never did get my dinner! LOL! I too had to be up all night and day! And the feeding by hand due to so many pups to feed.......for weeks! LOL! Keep up the good work! :)

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
O-M-G!!! I LOVE da puppies!!!!!

I didn't have the opportunity to comment on any of the other threads (there were already a kazillion pages before I got there). It's been like a puppy soap opera (and I came in way late)!

But want to say THANK YOU for being there for the little guys & Coco! If you were not there, I'm quite sure the pup-count would be zero now. Hopefully you can continue to help them as they grow and get stronger!

YEEAH PUPPIES!!!

oh....and keep those pics coming, kiddo! =)

·
Banned
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am getting so tired now! They are nearly 6 days old..How long do they need to be watched 24/7? I am really really looking forward to sleeping in my bed again! I bet I will sleep for a week once I get into it XD

Now all pups are over 1 pound and nearly all have doubled in weight.

But Coco is not spending all of her time with them..Is that normal? She comes in to the living room and lies on the couch. But she does not try to move them. And she goes outside a lot. But if they cry or make a noise she is straight back into them. She still feeds and licks them etc.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
I dont know the answers to your questions. Sure someone else will come along soon. I just wanted to say, I'm so proud of how well you're handling all of this! You're doing a wonderful job ;)

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
I am getting so tired now! They are nearly 6 days old..How long do they need to be watched 24/7? I am really really looking forward to sleeping in my bed again! I bet I will sleep for a week once I get into it XD
I love puppies. I want one :)
They are all so pretty/ handsome and look nice and healthy.

The breeders we have gotten our dogs from never left the mother and puppys alone until they were 2-3 weeks old. Though it just might be our dogs breeders were overprotective...I don't know hopefully someone with experience with this can help you out.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.