Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone !

as you can see this is my first post here , i was going around the internet trying to find specific answer to my question.

Well here is the deal i live in Dubai,uae and im really interested in a japanese akita so i talked to a person here that imports dogs from holland and he told me that he can get me a japanese akita. but the thing is i don't know if i could trust this person , so i asked him for a picture of the puppy to make sure its an akita and not a shiba. i should be getting the picture any time now. but my concern is the physical difference between the two is only the size. i mean if i post the picture here can you differentiate the two by a picture of a puppy ?

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
If you don't trust the person, don't buy any dog from him. Even if he gets you the right breed, what makes you think that the puppy will be healthy or tempermentally sound? It just seems like an all-around bad idea.

I don't know if a thick-coated northern breed (like an Akita) will do well in the desert. They have trouble with the heat, so you'd probably have to keep the dog in the air conditioning during the day and go for walks at night when it's cooler.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks for the reply !

Well because to be honest he is kind of my only option.

as for the temperature in dubai , during winter time the weather is just perfect but during the summer i already have an air conditoned for my dogs and sometimes i trim the coats so that shouldnt be a problem. iv had huskies and alaskan's :)

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
He isn't your only option. If you contact a good breeder, they should be able to ship you a puppy or dog directly without going through a middleman. I don't know where the closest breeder to you might be, but start with the Akita clubs in those countries and you should be able to find a good breeder.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts