Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

AKC Question...

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Keechak 
#1 ·
If you have a dog's registered name, and the name of the original owner, but no registration number and no exact date of birth, can the AKC search their data and find the dog and its pedigree?

Approximate DOB on the dog is 1989..

#2 ·
yes you can use just the name to get a dogs reg #. Just go to the AKC website, at the top click the "store"link --> scroll down to "free online services" --> then click "dogs lookup" --> from ther just type in the dog's reg name and breed.

#6 ·
I was able to look up Thunder Over Dixie, UD (a sable GSD born in 1972), using just his registered name. It's worth a try, even if the data base might be spotty from that time until 1990. (Thunder is the canine star of the book Training Your Dog to Win Obedience Titles, written by Curt Morsell, just in case any of you are unfamiliar with him.)

#7 · (Edited)
thanks.. just wondering.

No.. I don't have a 20 year old dog. I lost Kazi in 2004. She would have been 14 in March of 2005. I wanted to find her lineage and then try to follow that line forward (if preserved) with the idea of getting a dog of the same lines (or at least looking at them.. if they exist and if the breeder was reputable).

She never did anything famous except for me. :D

I did the search and found her and I now have her registration number. I then did get her pedigree and additional information from the Pedigree Database for the GSD.

#8 ·
Elana, I added her to the actual PDB to get a better look.

So far, from what I've found, there were either two Tanaquil kennels, or the breeder you got Kazi from took the name of another kennel.

The Tanaquil I found that was most prevalent was an American Showline kennel. If you go to the PDB and just type in Tanaquil, with the exception of Kazi, you get ALL Am Showline pedigrees.

#9 ·
This kennel was located in East Nassau, NY. It is no longer in business as a GSD breeding kennel. It is now a boarding kennel.

I used to board Kazi there sometimes with the new non breeder owner. She was such a good dog she didn't live in the kennel like a normal boarded dog. They kept her in their house with them when she went to stay.

#10 ·
Awsome! I just looked up my moms old dog and here's what I got

AKC#WE251638

name- Bruiser Micbud CDX
Breed- German Shepherd Dog
Birth- 1/1/1979
color- Black and Cream

and I remember the vet comming to our house to have him PTS when I was 5 so that was in 1992.

wow he was an old guy for a GSD!

(sorry for hijacking your thread, hijack over)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.