Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And as you can see, we welcome all ear types in our house :D Flopped, erect, and glued ;)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Cute but I am sad for Strauss and his tipped ear :(

Not sure I've ever seen a GSD puppy's ears glued. Have seen them Duct taped though!

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cute but I am sad for Strauss and his tipped ear
Me too. But I will take the tipped ear over a truly sick dog.

And yeah, the duct tape....ugh. I love this method for GSD ears. Ears stay open and there's a much lower change of inner ear or skin infections

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Very cute pictures, I love the little conehead, and Mirada and Strauss are looking good too.

We glue our bulldogs ears if they aren't roseing by a certain time frame.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good lookin dogs. I recently adopted a pup, we were told he is an akita mix. I want to find out the other half. He looks like your tan GSD. What do you think?

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My male is actually black and tan, LSU fan :) You just can't see his saddle.

I do think your baby could be a GSD mix...doesn't look very Akita to me, lol

Mirada turned 2 on the 24th, by the way :D She's looking lovely, and is in good health.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Mirada turned 2 on the 24th, by the way :D She's looking lovely, and is in good health.
That's really great Xeph, BB turns two next month, time really flies lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My male is actually black and tan, LSU fan :) You just can't see his saddle.

I do think your baby could be a GSD mix...doesn't look very Akita to me, lol

I was thinking the same. Im thinking of taking him to a vet to see if they can tell me. The adoption agency i got him from found him and his siblings under a house so there is really no telling. To me he has a GS face and overall look, but i cant be sure. Oh well, one can always hope.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The bone Strauss has

The bone Lu has

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
oh my goodness! her ears!! She is a triangle! <3

And. I love Strauss' floopy ear. I wish Bella had a floopy ear.
I sponsored a Wolf once when I was younger - her name was Tahoma. She was so beautiful. Her right ear was floopy.
Seeing Strauss reminds me of her. <3

·
Registered
184 Posts
Xeph knows that I wasn't picking on the floppy ear. I'm just sorry he's having an ear issue that caused it to be floppy. But yes, glad he isn't truly sick for sure. And LOL at the bones!

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you don't mind me asking, why is his ear tipped?
Aural hematoma :( This is the fourth time it has refilled, and he's having a tube inserted Monday.

And yes, Nikki wasn't picking on Mousedog. Just sad to see a once proud ear are limp and listless, lol.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Aural hematoma :( This is the fourth time it has refilled, and he's having a tube inserted Monday.

And yes, Nikki wasn't picking on Mousedog. Just sad to see a once proud ear are limp and listless, lol.
oh my oldest weim got those in both his ears, they shriveled up and were very sensitive. He looked like a gunshot victim when he had to have his ear elevated to drain.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I really hope Strauss's ear doesn't shrivel :(

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
I really hope Strauss's ear doesn't shrivel :(
From what I remember, cause it was years ago that he got them done (he past away last year too), some do shrivel and some don't. So its a wait and see kinda thing. He kept getting them in his ear, he had two different procedures done on both. Plus we are also talking about a drop eared dog, so not sure what a hematoma would do to an erect ear, cept from what I am seeing now in Strauss, lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts