Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aidan does this thing where he is in play bow position, but is he is standing on his head with his butt sticking up in the air. He does this whenever he jumps up beside me onto furniture, which is a lot.

Lately, he's been flipping over on his head, doing somersaults. I am afraid he is going to break his neck. This afternoon, he did a somersault and just laid there for 15 minutes. Every body part worked because he kept grabbing at me with his paws and teeth, playing. I ended up being his Faithful Servant and rubbing his belly for awhile. He didn't seem to be in pain. When I finally got him to move over (he was taking over my side of the bed), he took a nap with me, which is normal.

When we got up, he was his usual 50 mph self.

Is it likely that doing somersaults could lead to a broken neck, do you think?

Thanks,
RC

·
Registered
291 Posts
If any of gods creatures lands at the wrong angle, be it man, beast or dog, there is a possiblity of serious injury, even death.

His somersaults may look cute, but unless you can train him to land on his feet, you need to put a stop to this.

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
I would not allow him to do this either. Abbylynn used to do this. She would begin by putting just her head on the floor and begin to roll over on it! She wanted to play. :/ I was concerned as well and stopped her by removing her from that position and making her stand upright if she wanted to play!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both of you for your comments. I do stop Aidan if there is time. I'm glad to know I'm not being neurotic and over-protective about this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts